A4000TX ATX Amiga motherboard

Do all EDO modules also support FPM, or is there a relatively simple way to figure out if an EDO module will also work in FPM mode or if it's EDO only?

I have just been discussing with him, and he clains he's still unable to ship with normal post, but are willing to ship express as thats possible.
Not sure it its bullshit or legit, but its not that expensive, and as a bonus they should show up in a few days, so if the order goes through I'll have some spares.

I have just been discussing with him, and he clains he's still unable to ship with normal post, but are willing to ship express as thats possible.
Not sure it its bullshit or legit, but its not that expensive, and as a bonus they should show up in a few days, so if the order goes through I'll have some spares.

Ok, I ended up buying with DHL shipping. He could put 28 pieces in a 500 gram package.
Total price for 28 pieces, including shipping, tax, vat and DHL customs fee ended up being in the range of 85 euro total :-(

Anyway, I now have a few for sale inside EU if someone wants.

Ok, I ended up buying with DHL shipping. He could put 28 pieces in a 500 gram package.
Total price for 28 pieces, including shipping, tax, vat and DHL customs fee ended up being in the range of 85 euro total :-(

Anyway, I now have a few for sale inside EU if someone wants.

I’ve been trying to get hold of one for a while please pm me and let me know how much for x2 shipped to the uk

I have a doubt.
Can the A4000tx work without Fast memory? I don't have a 64 or 128MB module yet.
I have two modules of 8MB each, but the Gal equations provided by Hese I do not know if they are valid for that memory.

A4000 can work without fastram, but you don't really want that, it's slow as a snail.
With the normal 112MB hack at least 4MB Fastmen schould automatically detected with one 8MB Module, the other 4MB can be added with AddMem, likewise the two 4MB blocks of the second module. But the Memory ist not not continuously so there will be four separate 4MB Blocks...

A4000TX works without Fast memory but you should add some to speed up the machine.

You can use either
- 4MB SIMMs (one or two SIMMs, Fast RAM up to 8MB)
- 8MB SIMMs (one or two SIMMs, Fast RAM up to 16MB)
- 64MB SIMMs (one or two SIMMs, Fast RAM up to 112MB)
- 128MB SIMM (one SIMM, Fast RAM up to 112MB)

The U893 GAL chip (with appropriate program code) is only needed when either 64MB or 128MB SIMMs are used. The smaller 4MB and 8MB SIMMs work also without the GAL chip. The memory is contiguous and auto-detected.

A4000TX works without Fast memory but you should add some to speed up the machine.

You can use either
- 4MB SIMMs (one or two SIMMs, Fast RAM up to 8MB)
- 8MB SIMMs (one or two SIMMs, Fast RAM up to 16MB)
- 64MB SIMMs (one or two SIMMs, Fast RAM up to 112MB)
- 128MB SIMM (one SIMM, Fast RAM up to 112MB)

The U893 GAL chip (with appropriate program code) is only needed when either 64MB or 128MB SIMMs are used. The smaller 4MB and 8MB SIMMs work also without the GAL chip. The memory is contiguous and auto-detected.

Thank you very much for the clarification.
I have already finished my A4000tx board.
I had doubts with Fast memory, but now it's clear.

On the first start it did not work.
I have signal on the monitor, I can switch between Pal and NTSC.
Reset also works from the keyboard of my A2000.
I have to check everything well.

Hese: will there be any schematics for this board? Would be realy good help when building the board.

Hese, it is a little difficult to tell if you still have boards available, and if so, what you are pricing them at. (the forum is long, and clearly its a popular project ;)
I have a rev B without a case.. Confirmed that it is working with an a3000 030 cpu board. It looks like all of my chipset PLCCs are soldered except 1 chip.

Actually a while back I bought a nice PC tower case, intending to somehow wedge the A4000 desktop board into it somehow, but the card slots are orientated the normal way. its not deep enough for the long A4000 board, so the only way I could fit it is to turn the "back" of the board UP in the case, and run extension cables to connectors on the back of the tower. I gave up on that before I started ;)

So, could you give an update on board stock and pricing (if there is a change, for ex partially assembled, etc)?

Hese, it is a little difficult to tell if you still have boards available, and if so, what you are pricing them at. (the forum is long, and clearly its a popular project ;)
I have a rev B without a case.. Confirmed that it is working with an a3000 030 cpu board. It looks like all of my chipset PLCCs are soldered except 1 chip.

Actually a while back I bought a nice PC tower case, intending to somehow wedge the A4000 desktop board into it somehow, but the card slots are orientated the normal way. its not deep enough for the long A4000 board, so the only way I could fit it is to turn the "back" of the board UP in the case, and run extension cables to connectors on the back of the tower. I gave up on that before I started ;)

So, could you give an update on board stock and pricing (if there is a change, for ex partially assembled, etc)?

Here you have the sales thread.
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?111871-A4000TX-rev-1-1-ATX-motherboard-PCBs

What browser is best for PCB explorer ? I have Java installed and enable and there is stil nothing on the right hand side drop box to select to see the view..

Does anyone know the best 68030 QFP that can be used as well please, thanks

Thanks for that culexus, I'll get that setup over the weekend, (y), anything that can be done away from windows is also a plus !!

Just looking advice on the best 68030 QFP that can be used, :drool:

What browser is best for PCB explorer ? I have Java installed and enable and there is stil nothing on the right hand side drop box to select to see the view..

Does anyone know the best 68030 QFP that can be used as well please, thanks

I use apache on a raspberry pi for the pcb Explorer.
Here is a tutorial to set it up: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/remote-access/web-server/apache.md

Can the 42S4800 memory be used instead of the 424800 on the A4000 TX?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a solution for ATX case backplate for A4000TX rev 1.1 ?

Back
Top Bottom