A4000TX ATX Amiga motherboard

Nrg said:
@hese: Did you consider adding the NCR 53C710 SCSI-2 chip to the A4000TX motherboard, like in the original A4000T ? I've understood it provides much better performance than the onboard IDE. It probably could be an optional component for those who want to install / use it.
Yes, I have thought about that and also adding some other features. The problem is that I'm running out of board space. The board is so crowded that routing more traces is very difficult let alone adding more components. If I change the form factor from the current ATX/EATX hybrid to a full EATX I probably could get enough space for the NCR 53C710 SCSI and something else.

Full EATX sounds good to me! Looking forward to a revision with NCR 53C710 SCSI included :)

Can't wait for the A4000TX to become available.. already have the custom chips ready :)

A4000TX rev 1.1

The A4000TX rev 1.1 motherboard is finally ready.

Rev 1.1 has the following improvements compared to the rev 1:
- onboard Fast RAM support up to 112MB (Meutoxo)
- Kickstart ROM support up to 4MB (Romy)
- PC PS/2 keyboard support
- PC PS/2 mouse support
- support for native Amiga and PC floppy drives
- power connectors for two case fans

More photos here.

If only it also took a DSP like the AA3000+ I would be throwing money at you! (My CS060 has SCSI already so I don't _need_ that.)

OHHH Good news Hese !! :yourock: : Where topic to declare interesting for this card ?

- - - Updated - - -

Good News !!!! I want one !

A4000TX rev 1.1

- PC PS/2 mouse support

More photos here.

A work of art! Great job hese!

Darren

Great work indeed! I'm interested in buying when it's available for order! pm sent :)

I Declare Interesting for this card, A4000TX rev 1.1 : pm sent :cool:

You cant declare interest here because this is not a for sale thread and there is no price :LOL:

you will have to wait for hese to do a for sale thread like he did for his rev 1 version of this PCB and all his other creations

Last edited:
It's really a cool project. But with the AA3000+ being built for me I cannot justify another special.
I can imagine a v2 is a challenge if Hese wants to add prometheus PCI which needs 2 Altera chips.

Any suggestions for a good compatible case for A4000TX ? Hese mentioned Enlight ATX case in the first post.. any others?

A4000TX rev 1.1

- PC PS/2 mouse support

More photos here.

Outstanding work, Hese!! Full respect!
I would be interested in the beauty once, I hope will be available for purchase.

Question about A4000TX onboard CPU/FPU.. I see a dip switch selector for "FPU CLK", either "OSC" or "CPU".. so does that mean if the FPU MHz matches CPU MHz, I don't need a separate OSC for FPU, but if the FPU is different speed compared to CPU, then separate FPU OSC is needed.. ? Or in other terms, does the CPU and FPU speeds need to match, or can they be different? Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom