Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Hello Forum Chums

The Clearout Continues.

Here we have my own Personal ZX Spectrum +3 System.
It's in Fantastic condition including all 4 rubber feet !!

It has a built in Simple 8bit IDE Interface along with the latest 3e Roms, Just need to add your HD or CF plus adapter
The original Roms are also included.

Professional Scart Cable and the Motherboard has been modified to provide correct blanking signal so RGB Video is crystal clear.
No other mods to the board.

Original PSU and a few Game Floppies which are bundled as is.
And the Original User Manual.

Asking £130 UKP +£12 Next day UKMAIL, EU Shipping is £30 tracked.
Paypal gift please.

:)

Attachments

• DSC02593.jpg
    DSC02593.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC02594.jpg
    DSC02594.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC02595.jpg
    DSC02595.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC02596.jpg
    DSC02596.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC02597.jpg
    DSC02597.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC02598.jpg
    DSC02598.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC02599.jpg
    DSC02599.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 1
Interested with questions. I have

1. is this fully backwards compatible with the old 16k/48k spectrum?
2. can it load .TZX from a CF card?
3. does the original floppy disk drive still work with the IDE interface installed?

Too bad this isn't compatible with the CPC-464. I already have a Spectrum 128k but not sure it still works.

Cheers

I will try to help with these questions for Bas as I have this same setup

1. is this fully backwards compatible with the old 16k/48k spectrum? - No not really some old programs will not work with the +3, there might be fixed versions you can download however and load from the CF.
2. can it load .TZX from a CF card? - I don't think so, you can load Z80 images files and these are pretty much instant.
3. does the original floppy disk drive still work with the IDE interface installed? - yes it has a different drive letter so you can use the CF and your Floppy drive no problem

Too bad this isn't compatible with the CPC-464. I already have a Spectrum 128k but not sure it still works.

Cheers

This is a great setup, it will serve you well should you go for it, I have the above plus a 128k Toast Rack with DivIDE for my Speccy Fix.

Yeah, it does look great. The only problem I have with it is that you have to open up the case every time you want to add stuff to the CF card. If I understand correctly, the card only works in 8-bit mode and only half of it is usable? Seems a bit complicated when it comes to copying files to the card as well.

Yeah, it does look great. The only problem I have with it is that you have to open up the case every time you want to add stuff to the CF card. If I understand correctly, the card only works in 8-bit mode and only half of it is usable? Seems a bit complicated when it comes to copying files to the card as well.

yes you can only use half the capacity but I have like 128mb(so 64mb) card and it's massive for a Spectrum. Adding files isn't straight forward as you say you need to make amends under emulation and make a new image. Once you have your core set of files you might not change much, I certainly haven't. I need to do more with +3 basic, this is something I want to learn and the CF storage would be ideal for this. I have a nice bit of software Zetr0 wrote that has a game selector, I know he was working on other stuff too, something I need to catch up on. I will try and find the manual Zetr0 send me and scan it (unless I can find an Image and upload, it tells you a lot more)

ps. you could mount the CF somewhere accessible?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom