USB Lamp and Blue Tooth Speaker Project

Charlie

.. . Mouse . ..
Country
UK
Region
Wirral
Hello all...

Back again, my sincere apologies to everyone who's tried to get in touch with me recently. I promise to catch up on my backlog as soon as I can.

I've been experimenting with 3D design and bought a 3D printer kit to fiddle with...
-3D Printing is pretty fun and building one of the many kits isn't that hard and there's plenty of good kits to be found (and some bad ones!). If anyone is interested in a total n00b's guide and/or a mini-review of the printer I plumped for (AnyCubic Kossel Linear Plus) I'm up for that.
-It's 'good' to know the state of 3D CAD software is pretty much the same as PCB CAD packages: Either utterly useless or awfully written from a new-user perspective. Again I'd happily pass on what I've learned so far (not much) if anyone's interested.

The Project:
I'm currently in the process of designing / making a steam-punkish table lamp / Blue Tooth speaker - the parts have either arrived or are on order and my 3D printer is grinding away as I type. Here's some 'renders' of what I'm up to:

On_Table.jpg
Upper._View.jpgLower_View.jpg

If there's interest it shouldn't be hard to play along and I'd happily post a build diary, parts list, and 3D files:
-Steam-punkish vibe
-Soothing table lamp with a retro-feel to it
-BlueTooth enabled speaker with decent but inexpensive components for good quality and volume
-Package designed to give good sound regardless of where it or the listener is placed within a room
-Optional subtle flickering effect in time with audio in an attempt to give a bit of a valve-radio vibe

PS
Some variations:
Davy_Lamp.jpgDavy_Lamp_Cap.jpgDavy_Lamp_Cap_Ring.jpgDavy_Lamp_Lens.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom