New 23 pin dsub connectors (Male & female) - Interest ?

WonkeyDonkey

AmiBayer
Country
U.K
Region
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Hi all,

I am in early discussions with a company with a view to doing a possible production run of male & female 23 pin dsub sockets for our beloved Amigas. These would be brand new identical replacements for the male 23 pin rear connector used for video, and also the 23 pin female rear connector for floppy disk drives.

After countless searches for these, I have never found any suppliers, and it appears existing supplies dried up many years ago.

No pricing is available right now as discussions are at an early stage, I'm just wanting to gauge the possible level of interest for these impossible to find sockets.

Thoughts/comments most welcome (y)

Definitely interested. Would need them for my GB A1000 and the two A4000s that I have/am building.

The reason I have been enquiring about these is when I have been getting Amiga mainboards repaired, recapped, refreshed etc, I've been able to find new replacements for all the other rear socket connectors except these 2. It would be great to be able to give them a complete refresh for every socket, they deserve it :smile:

Plus with these blank boards that are being produced by various community members, again it would be perfect to complete them with new sockets rather than pulls (y)

I am interested too as I am also building an A4000. If the price is good I would buy 2-3.

sorry, my bad english.. I was sure You are talking about connectors, but You mean sockets..

Yes, to be very clear, the rear sockets that are soldered to the board. The 23 pin ones are unobtainable brand new. There is a seller on the other bay selling pulled ones and supposed new ones that are not actually new at all.

Quote 'I am in early discussions with a company with a view to doing a possible production run of male & female 23 pin dsub sockets for our beloved Amigas.'

It would be great if we could get these brand new!

I am still interested because I need these for my new A4000 replica motherboard. I need both the floppy and the video port PCB mount versions. Let me know when you are close to agreement. I need minimum 2 of each (floppy, video) but depending on price maybe I would buy more.

The guy from the manufacture company seems to be quiet right now. I will update this thread as I find out more.

These are unsuitable for motherboards as they lack support shoulders with hooked flanges. So after some connect/disconnect sessions there is a high risk that pins will bend, or worse, develop cracks at the joints or even break.

These are the correct parts:
IMG_1165 (Small).JPG IMG_1164 (Small).JPG

You beat me to it @tbtorro, thanks.

Its specifically the ones you mention I have been chasing.

I have a tray full of the others already, but they are no good for a motherboard.

I have the male ones. No female ones available anywhere that I know about.

There's no reason this can't be easily fixed with a 3d printed solution. I'd be inclined to think a nylon m3 from the bottom of the board would provide sufficient mechanical strength. I'll follow this up in a few days and test fit on my ACILL blank 4000 board.

There's no reason this can't be easily fixed with a 3d printed solution. I'd be inclined to think a nylon m3 from the bottom of the board would provide sufficient mechanical strength. I'll follow this up in a few days and test fit on my ACILL blank 4000 board.

Sounds like a great idea! And let's face it, once the board is inside the case, there isn't going to be all that much strain on it anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom