Not open for further replies.

witchmaster

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Pohjanmaa
In this thread I'm selling PCBs and components needed to build KTRL CD32 gamepads. You will need to get the gamepad case and cable from elsewhere and if you want, you can also buy all the components (except the PCB) from other places. Thorough building instructions can be found here. I'm not currently selling assembled gamepads but if anybody is interested in assembling a few and selling to others you can do so as long as you buy the PCBs from me. Don't hesitate to ask if anything is unclear!

What is the KTRL CD32?

You can read more about the controller below or on EAB: KTRL CD32 thread on English Amiga Board but basically this is a replacement controller for the Amiga CD32 with some nice features.

Parts needed to build one controller

(For more details, see the page I linked to above)

SNES style USB gamepad case, preferably iNNEXT (get it on eBay or somewhere else)
9-Pin Sega Genesis controller extension cable (get it on eBay or somewhere else)
KTRL CD32 PCB (get it here, includes laminated stickers)
ATMEGA328P (get it preprogrammed here or get it + a USBAsp programmer somewhere else)
Components (get them here or buy them somewhere else)

FOR SALE (see images below)

PCB (rev. 2B) (+ laminated stickers)10€
ATMEGA328P (preprogrammed)5€
Components (does not include ATMEGA)10€
Total25€

Payment via PayPal as family/friend.

Shipping costs vary depending on weight, but I can probably ship two sets (PCB + ATMEGA + Components) for 2.30€ inside Europe, 3.50€ rest of the world if I send in a padded envelope. If you want that I ship the items in a box, it will be more a few euros more.

Please read
While the KTRL CD32 gamepad works very well on the Amiga CD32, it can have have problems with some A1200/A600 machines (due to bad capacitors, bad power supply etc.). Even the original CD32 gamepad is problematic on some A1200 machines. If the gamepad doesn't work on your machine, you can return it at your expense and I will refund you the price of the parts plus shipping costs up to the cost of shipping one gamepad to Europe (5.10€).

Features

• Fully compatible with the original Amiga CD32 gamepad.
  • Buttons are remappable (including up/down on the DPAD), so you can for example remap UP to GREEN for easier jumping in non-CD32 games.
  • Turbo-fire with adjustable fire speed for all buttons (excluding play/pause button) .
  • Four presets can bes stored and loaded. The presets stores mapping, turbo-fire status and speed.
  • Responsive buttons and DPAD thanks to ENIG (Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold) plated circuit board

Instructions
ktrl-cd32-cheat-sheet-small.png

Images

KTRL CD32 rev. 2A PCB:
(Rev. 2B has the DaemonBite logo and different DPAD pads)
ktrl-cd32-pcb.jpg

Stickers:
ktrl-cd32-stickers.jpg

Components included:
ktrl-cd32-components.jpg

ATMEGA328P:
atmega328p.jpg

Parts sold to
radfoo
jbenam
dejavu4u2
TeaVirus
spann3r
rewrite
maikt
xheretic
Adi
scipioafricanus
omnicron10
A3KDUDE
zerec
leonk
DjCook
luuvaurio
fery1200
Skygecko
AEV80
ThePerfectK
Wata
wolfsoft
i4000
radiokida
Kazin79
JohnM
hyrulebr
vahakala
go0se
Mycohl
s0m128
Rakeim132
p_a_green29
mindcook
torsti76

Last edited:
Good day! I'd love to purchase a full kit.

Out of curiosity, do these fit properly inside an actual SNES/SFC controller as well, or only the aftermarket ones (perhaps they have different standoffs of something, I'm not sure)? Either way, I'd love to buy one, I'm just wondering if I need to also buy a case while I'm at it.

Thank you for your time!

Out of curiosity, do these fit properly inside an actual SNES/SFC controller as well, or only the aftermarket ones (perhaps they have different standoffs of something, I'm not sure)? Either way, I'd love to buy one, I'm just wondering if I need to also buy a case while I'm at it.

Thank you for your time!
Ok! These PCBs do not fit in an actual SNES/SFC controller, mainly because the shoulder button PCBs rely on being supported by the main PCB on the actual SNES pads. With some modding it might be possible but I doubt it's worth the hassle.

Thank you for your time!
Ok! These PCBs do not fit in an actual SNES/SFC controller, mainly because the shoulder button PCBs rely on being supported by the main PCB on the actual SNES pads. With some modding it might be possible but I doubt it's worth the hassle.

Thank you so much for the clarification! I PM'ed you about purchasing a set.

Soldered/wired up my first controller, still waiting for case/shell but appears to be working correctly. Pleased it has come together well. Thank you!

Edit, just remembered to give feedback :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom