Armiga Firmware

spanner

Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Now that there are not planning of making any more,has anyone made a backup of the firmware,the firmware is Linux..? I would like to get a copy of it,I want to make one myself..? The prototype did use a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B then they changed it to a CubieBoard 2.

Armiga with RPI1B and a PC Floppy Drive in it.

20140318074446-ArmigaPrototypeInternals.jpg20140318073847-Controller_2.jpg

Armiga board with A20 CPU and 1 GB ram (same as the board in TheC64 Mini,I have a TheC64 Mini.)
Pictures,Right Armiga,Left TheC64 Mini board.

20140331145647-IMG-20140331-WA0002.jpg C64 Mini First Printed Prototype Board.jpg
It uses now a CubieBoard 2.
Alot of companies use the A20 CPU,properly cos its cheap.The cpu was made for Android Tablets.

This post is a recorded as well of the Armiga cos it is amazing what they made,very clever.I find TheC64 Mini amazing to ,how it was made.I find it interesting how things work.

Left,Armiga small version without Disk Drive and Right,with Disk Drive,the drive only copies disks to ADF and can't boot for it.

ArmigaSmall_510_0021.jpg Armiga with Disk Drive.jpg

Hope you like the post,Sorry its not firmware its Linaro OS with the Armiga GUI and Amiga UAE4all Emulator running inside it.

Well I think its a PC Floppy Drive,If its a Amiga drive it would be hard to get hold of and very expensive to buy.

Last edited:
That would be cool, If someone can dump the software and the firmware from the PIC we could potentially make a desktop ADF backup tool...

I have noticed one thing about the case,you can see the 3D Printer lines on it,does anyone know why, is it the 3D Printer they are using..?

I have a idea that the Armiga Project could do,make a kit so you would have to put it all together,they could prefied as part of the Kit..

1) The Case
2) ArmigaOS
3) Floppy disk controller (only for Armiga with FDD)

You would have to get..

1) CubieBoard2
2) Floppy Drive (if you want the FDD)

This way it could be cheaper as well.

I think the floppy should boot the game or whatever is on the disk then delete the adf after. more like a Amiga then or able to turn the option on and off. (You put a disk in the drive and it copies the adf in the background and then it boots the emulator A500 or A1200 and boots the adf then when you exit the emulator it deletes the adf.)

This best thing of The Armiga is its software,The ArmigaOS I like, I am sick of using emulators and having to plug a Keyboard and Mouse in to it,with this you don't need them.. :)

I just saw a Armiga Small Edition on eBay on Bid go for £138.00 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amiga-Armiga-Hardware-Emulator/173574770182?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Last edited:
They did 3d print the cases, as far as I could tell for the production models as well.

I think that is why they stopped selling them atm, probably looking for some one to mass produce molded cases.

I emaild them asking if they would sell me a licence of the software so I could build my own.... they said no. they are holding on to that floppy controller like no ones business.

If someone had the PIC floppy controller ,can't they read it,read from the 2 chips on the floppy controller board...?

They can't stop your friends giving you the ArmigaOS on the 8GB SD card,I have it now and made my own Armiga.. :) I used the CB Board with 2 SD card slots and you don't need android for it to boot ArmigaOS and its cheaper than the NAND version,its £35 to £40 on eBay,I paid £35 for it.NAND version is about £50.

Just saw the FFD version on eBay go for £311 bid wow.I think some people think its a real Amiga cause of it Floppy Drive.

Last edited:
Hello mates, can someone give me a fresh copy (ISO or IMG) of the SD with ARMIGAOS. My SD crashed and my ARMIGA only boot in ANDROID like no SD inserted... Please i need it to continue using my armiga... i still have too many LucasArts and Sierra adventures to finish LOL.

Please any Help ?

Yes I can help you,I have 2 versions, one with games,artwork and one without,which one do you want...?
I have been updating the artwork for the games on mine so you can see the screenshot of the game and the box art,I used Universal-XML-Scraper to add the artwork... :) it looks cool.. :) Some games don't have the artwork for them cos it can't find them or it don't reconise the name of the game.

Look here if you need the OS... https://www.facebook.com/groups/armiga/
Alien Breed - Special Edition 92_Disk1.adf.jpg

When looking at the images on the games,the image might look stretched at bit.

I am using my TheC64 Mini Joystick with mine and it works fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom