Closed 64c Installation Kit for Gideon's Ultimate64

Status
Not open for further replies.
...my kits arrived! great product!!
thanks!
How long did it take to get the item in Italy?
Regards

----------------->
... As has not been said, it has already arrived a few days ago :)
Perfect objects! :LOL:

Last edited:
same for me.

same for me.

The back cover plate can not fit it lifts up from the C=64c case. I just left mine off. Ultimate 64 user port don't fit.jpg This is with it in there it can't go down all the way.

I think I should of got this back cover what he showed in this thread.

https://postimg.cc/BtjKMkgg

Is this one for the C=64C?

Last edited:
Hi.

Sorry to hear that the USB plate doesn't fit your case. The one you have is indeed for the 64c case. The other style (for the breadbin) is considerably different.

I designed this install set on the kickstarter/pixelwizard 64c case, and that port cover fits perfectly on that case. Early on I had identified a variance between the kickstarter/pixelwizard case and a european case and adjusted the design accordingly.

I just dug through my collection of old cases, and indeed I found the same case bottom that you're having issues with. Good news is that I've managed to replicate the problem as I appear to have a sample of the same case you're showing in the photos.

All is not lost. I will re-design this part so-as to be compatible with your case. There is definitely a marked difference between this factory case and the kickstarter one (internally). Once completed, I will send you a replacement that will fit your case, of course, at no charge.

Thank-you for bringing this to my attention.

It's worth noting that all the other brackets in the kit fit this factory case, it's just the userport cover plate that needs some adjustment.

Thomas
The back cover plate can not fit it lifts up from the C=64c case. I just left mine off.View attachment 143206 This is with it in there it can't go down all the way.

I think I should of got this back cover what he showed in this thread.

https://postimg.cc/BtjKMkgg

Is this one for the C=64C?

hello

Just a quick update as I finally got round to using Thomas's lovely kit of parts in my C64 case and Ultimate64 board. +1 for all your efforts Thomas, would be lost without you, please take this as official recognition and more encouragement. :)

All fits really nicely and very intuitive, very high quality printing - Like wot I said before! thanks again, here's some WIP pics for context:

IMG_1912.JPGIMG_1915.JPG

Super, thank-you. Payment received.

Will send you a note as soon as it's shipped.

Thomas

Payment sent

- - - Updated - - -

Thank-you so much for the kind words, and am pleased that you're so happy with the kit.

Wonderful that you shared some photos of your work. Looks great!

Thomas

hello

Just a quick update as I finally got round to using Thomas's lovely kit of parts in my C64 case and Ultimate64 board. +1 for all your efforts Thomas, would be lost without you, please take this as official recognition and more encouragement. :)

All fits really nicely and very intuitive, very high quality printing - Like wot I said before! thanks again, here's some WIP pics for context:

View attachment 143250View attachment 143251

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom