Finger lickin' good
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Australia
Region
Western Australia
Hi All,

I recently picked up a CD32, and Ive been looking into the TF328. Ive read that the CD32 must have kickstart 40.60 because the earlier 40.56 didn't have scsi.device and therefor couldnt use the IDE port on the TF328.

Well, this one I have has kickstart 40.56 and when I type "version scsi.device" at CLI, I get "scsi.device 40.4", so it has scsi.device in the ROM....

Before I spend my hard earned, will this version of kickstart be able to read from the IDE port on a TF328?

If you have SCSI device then your good to go :), it seems that some very rare 40.56 roms shipped without scsi.device for whatever reason.

Could someone please tell me the easiest way to get to CLI from the CD32 so i can check my kickstart version..

Thank you

Hi All,

I recently picked up a CD32, and Ive been looking into the TF328. Ive read that the CD32 must have kickstart 40.60 because the earlier 40.56 didn't have scsi.device and therefor couldnt use the IDE port on the TF328.

Well, this one I have has kickstart 40.56 and when I type "version scsi.device" at CLI, I get "scsi.device 40.4", so it has scsi.device in the ROM....

Before I spend my hard earned, will this version of kickstart be able to read from the IDE port on a TF328?

Could someone please tell me the easiest way to get to CLI from the CD32 so i can check my kickstart version..

Thank you

Hi All,

To be honest I have found that even most ver 40.56 roms have the scsi.device it was just a handful that did not, but I will mail you a solution

I googled for a Workbench on CDROM, and found an ISO that I could burn to CD. I put the burnt CD into the CD32 and Workbench 3.1 loaded up, and with a mouse in the joystick port, and an A2000 keyboard in the AUX port, I had a fully functioning Workbench with keyboard and mouse. Note: I had to purchase an "AT to PS/2" adapter from my local electronics store to have the keyboard fit. The adapter was $3.95 AUD.

Just an update to my original post: I went ahead and purchased a TF328 with riser, and it works, it boots, with kickstart 40.56

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom