One Does Not Simply Collect Amiga Hardware Amibayer! tbtorro's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Copenhagen
    Feedback
    922 (100%)

Default Brand NEW Aminator 4000 Rev B motherboard

Selling a brand NEW, complete, pro built Aminator 4000 motherboard. If you wanted a new A4000 motherboard in 2018 then it can't get better than this.

- All componets are NEW (including custom chips)
    - Comes with 2MB chip RAM and fully LICENSED KS 3.1 ROMs
    - Metal clips on SIMM sockets
    - Organic polymer capacitors (will NEVER leak)
    - Lithium battery kit (will NEVER leak)
    - All PL is updated to GALs (less heat, more reliable)
    - Metalic labels on GALs
    - Best quality components, some TTL chips are modern, high speed versions of the old ones.
    - Precision sockets.
    - Oscillators socketed, RTC socketed
    - Precision passives (most are 1-5% tolerance)
    - High temperature tolerance, long life capacitors (5000h)
    - Highest quality connectors made by 3M and Amp
    - Made using the best quality consumables and tools (KESTER solder, solderpaste, Chemtronics fluxes and chemicals, Weller equipment)
    - Professional quality hot air assembly - NOT a hobby build.
    - Assembled by myself in a quality level it's impossible to tell apart from factory production. An 'artisan electronics product', if such thing exists - this is it.

Asking 1489€plus 17€ shipping worldwide. (Payment by IBAN transfer, or wire transfer in UK, USA, AUS local to you in local currency). Also on sale elsewhere.

Past special offers:
    Special offer until 18/Nov: Trade in dead a A4000 board for 200€. (ENDED)
    Special offer until 28/Nov: Get a brand new A3660 card with this, for only 250€. Details here:
    http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?102656 (ENDED)

(When you think about price, maybe consider how much it would cost YOU to buy (with SHIPPING): PCB, all logic chips, all passive components, all custom chips, all connectors, all sockets, solder and supplies, equipment, PLUS the time and effort to build and test the board in THIS quality)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	140886 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	140887 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	140888 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	140889 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	140890 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	140891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	140892 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	140893 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	140894

Q&A:
    - Why is the board so highly priced?
    This is a small scale production hence production cost and component prices are very high. It's very difficult to source the original components new, and supplies are very low. It takes many hours to build and test a single board, and I'm a one man show trying to take care of everything from design, production, testing, logistics, sourcing components, finance, marketing and shipping. On top of this I've invested a considerable amount of my own money up front in components and expensive equipment to produce the boards in perfect quality, and I'd like to recover the cost.

- Can I pay via PayPal or other forms of payment than bank transfer?
    No sorry, I need the incoming funds to sustain production, buy parts, etc. Unfortunately large electronics suppliers and manufacturers don't accept PayPal only bank/credit card payments.

- Is the board built in a factory?
    No, the board is built manually by me. I have an industrial grade prototyping workshop. Some build steps are semi-automated.

- Are the custom chips new or old?
    The custom chips are NOS (New Old Stock) meaning they were manufactured by CSG (Commodore Semiconductor Group) and Amiga Inc in the 90's but never used. Performance wise and in terms of longevity they are equivalent to newly manufactured chips as PLCC chips barely age - if at all. The longevity of these kind of digital components are solely depends on how many hours they've spent under electrical current (and hence heat) and these spent none. Besides, experience shows that the custom chips are functioning fine in many Amigas after 20+ years, even when they were in daily use. A few components (less than 0.1%) are refurbished as they are either impossible to find new or prohibitively expensive.

- What's included in the box?
    Each order includes a brand new Aminator 4000 Rev B motherboard with fully licensed 3.1 Kick Start ROMs and 2MB chip RAM as standard. There is also a printed quick guide and assembly advice. There could be minor differences in the color of the components as it's difficult to find them always in the same color (like white power connector etc..) but by large, the board will look exactly as on the pictures (black PCB, red jumpers etc..) Each board will contain a uniquely numbered COA sticker with hologram.

- What about warranty and support?
    As mentioned before, this is an enthusiast product, I'm not a company just an Amiga hobbyist with skills. I sell only the board, nothing else. I can't offer generic support on how to set up or use your board, but Amiga 4000 manuals are easily available online, and there are several Amiga forums to ask for help (English Amiga Board, Amiga.org, Amibay, A1k.org (German) just to name a few). Also there is no warranty of any kind offered. Your board will go through rigorous testing including all ports and functionality before shipping. Should any faults happen after a few days you have received the board I'll try to help you out of courtesy, but this will depend on the time I have available between my projects - so no guarantees. Sales are final, no returns offered.

- Did you design the board yourself?
    No, I did not, Commodore engineers did (Greg Berlin, Dave Haynie et al.) The printed circuit board design is a replica of the A4000 Rev B motherboard. I've sourced the components and set up a production process in my own workshop to have a complete new motherboard for myself. The PCB design was done by a professional PCB design firm in the USA. The PCB design cost (to pay the firm) was crowdfunded by hundreds of Amiga fans (including my own contribution of money and BOM), the project was open and public (including design data) from the start. Credit for organizing the crowdfunding and project/technical driving the PCB replica project goes to Paul Rezendes.
    Last edited by tbtorro; 14th June 2019 at 12:45.
    cє<

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Copenhagen
    Feedback
    922 (100%)

Price drop.
    cє<

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Copenhagen
    Feedback
    922 (100%)

Now also accepting offers.
    cє<

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Copenhagen
    Feedback
    922 (100%)

Lower price.
    cє<

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Copenhagen
    Feedback
    922 (100%)

Another price drop.
    cє<

Country
    Switzerland
    Region:
    ZH
    Feedback
    15 (100%)

Would Be Nice but not able to afford it
    Own A500/600/1000/1200/2000/3000D/3000T/4000D/CDTV/CD32
    Working Projects * A3660 Build done * ReAmiga1200 Build * A4000 Alice Build * GBA1000 Build * Member VCFE Switzerland

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Copenhagen
    Feedback
    922 (100%)

Another price drop.
    cє<

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Copenhagen
    Feedback
    922 (100%)

Special offer until 18/Nov: Trade in you old faulty A4000 motherboard (battery or capacitor damage no problem) for 200€ off the price listed.
    cє<

Country
    Sweden
    Feedback
    29 (100%)

tbtorro,

Q: Does this board have the upgrades, as your are offering in "Amiga 4000 Premium recap and upgrade service"

/8it
    --- Top 100 http://www.amiga-hardware.info ---

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Copenhagen
    Feedback
    922 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
    tbtorro,

Q: Does this board have the upgrades, as your are offering in "Amiga 4000 Premium recap and upgrade service"

/8it
    Yes you could say so, or even better. The A4000 premium refurbish service I'm offering is basically changing SOME of the parts on the old motherboard to new, better spec parts. In this case, the whole motherboard is new, and uses better spec parts mostly.
    Last edited by tbtorro; 17th November 2018 at 21:29.
    cє<

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast