Thread: My 3000T restoration and hot-rodding

Country
    Italy
    Region:
    Emilia-Romagna
    Feedback
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by furan- View Post
    ...I'm a systems engineer working on ...
    You have showed a great background of knowledge!
    About your stuffs with Amiga computer, the content of the CF that you have purchased, is more like for hobbyst of the last hour. A new fresh installation of the system 3.1 and, subsequently, of the software for the PowerUp card, give you a better idea of the machine in your hands (that is, at least, my suggestion). About MorphOS, it is a great OS for PowerPC machine, that has built in an AmigaOS emulation (it is almost complete), but the chance to have it on your machine is very low: despite there is a version for classic Amiga with PowerUP card, the key is not more delivered; you can take a walk through the Internet site of MorphOS to see if something has changed.
    In the past i have done many stupid things and one was to dismount my A1200 with BlizzardPPC: this blizzard had had the key to run MorphOS (the key is unique and not portable to a machine from another with a different PowerUP card)!

Cheers
    Stefano

Country
    USA
    Region:
    Seattle, WA
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by vibros View Post
    You have showed a great background of knowledge!
    About your stuffs with Amiga computer, the content of the CF that you have purchased, is more like for hobbyst of the last hour. A new fresh installation of the system 3.1 and, subsequently, of the software for the PowerUp card, give you a better idea of the machine in your hands (that is, at least, my suggestion). About MorphOS, it is a great OS for PowerPC machine, that has built in an AmigaOS emulation (it is almost complete), but the chance to have it on your machine is very low: despite there is a version for classic Amiga with PowerUP card, the key is not more delivered; you can take a walk through the Internet site of MorphOS to see if something has changed.
    In the past i have done many stupid things and one was to dismount my A1200 with BlizzardPPC: this blizzard had had the key to run MorphOS (the key is unique and not portable to a machine from another with a different PowerUP card)!

Cheers
    Stefano
    Thanks! So it turns out my platter drive that came with the A3000T is failing... I just mirrored the partitions onto extra space on the CF, and I'm booting from them right now with the PPC card uninstalled. I'm troubleshooting/repairing a dead A2386SX while I try to upgrade the other one, and had figured it was best to do that with the 68030 and not worry about exceptions/privileged instructions etc that might come up.

I wish I could find an ISO of the stuff that came on the CD that came with the CyberStorm card. Do I need anything from it for WarpOS or MorphOS? Or is it just fun to experience? Can MorphOS still co-use the 68060 processor on my card, or does it always JIT?

I have a Vampire V2+ board coming tomorrow-ish that I'm going to try to install in an A1000 - I might try a new install of 3.1 on that in the mean time. I will convert the HDMI signal back to RGB for the 1084s monitor it should still have, though.

By the way I see you offer a replacement for the A3000 ZIP slots - does it fit into the slots, or replace them on the motherboard? (I suppose either?)

Thanks Stefano!
    -Ian
    Last edited by furan-; 10th November 2018 at 04:09.

Incoming ASROC! VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    GREECE
    Region:
    Athens
    Feedback
    113 (100%)

In case you don't have the manual, you might find this interesting: https://computerarchive.org/files/co...Manual-ENG.pdf
    Some useful stuff: http://phase5.a1k.org/ Also, Aminet seems to have various software for the PowerUp environment.

Country
    Italy
    Region:
    Emilia-Romagna
    Feedback
    102 (100%)

Hello,

Furan- my adapter is only for the A3000D (desktop), it does not fit into the zip socket of the A3000T motherboard because it has slight difference in some measures.

I try to find out a copy of the PowerUP CD, stay tuned...

Cheers
    Stefano

Country
    Italy
    Region:
    Emilia-Romagna
    Feedback
    102 (100%)

Hello,

you are looking for this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_8694.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	141227

...but you need to install this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_8693.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	141228

If you are interested, please PM to me to have more info!

About MorphOS, it is a complete OS for PowerPC cpu that has built in an Amiga OS emulation (i guess it is JIT); WarpOS, like PowerUP system, is a set of libraries to use PPC on a PowerUP board, on Amiga. A competitor of MorphOS is AmigaOS 4!

Cheers
    Stefano

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234