AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Nordrhein Westfalen
Hi all,
I've moved this to a sales thread, now that I have got as far as building the devices. Unfortunately my supplier for the 9pin sub-d connectors messed up and sent me female instead of male connectors, but I had a spare connector so that I could at least build one. So here's what the finished product looks like. The small chip is a regulator so that autofire can also be tested. It has a yellow LED to remind you that you've left the battery connected, two red LEDs for fire 1/2/autofire and four green LEDs for the directions. I can do custom colours for those who have colour fetishes, but that will cost extra
cheesy.gif

I'll build the rest later and finish them when the correct connectors have arrived. From the battery/connector you can see approximately how big (small) it is. They are not all sold yet, so if you are still interested, then let me know. They will cost €19 each plus postage/paypal.

Bryce.

Joytester2.jpgJoyTester1.jpg

PM Replied, payment sent for 1 x Joystick Tester, will report back when received!

Thanks again Bryce.

mogouk

Hi Bryce,

could you put me down for one of these, it will save a lot of messing around to find out what joystick works and what needs sorting out.

I will send a PM in a moment.

Wow, that's definitely a job for a stand-alone Joystick tester!

Parcels will go out tomorrow.

Bryce.

Hi Bryce,

my tester has arrived today safe and sound and I am totally impressed with the soldering and quality of the product :)

When I solder surface mount devices I tend to be a bit heavy handed with the solder, I do have a new iron now that is not as heavy so maybe that will help on smaller components in the future ;)

Feedback on its way (y)

Hi Bryce, also received mine today, been testing all day it's saved me a good few hours Quality Product, Quality Workmanship, thanks again Bryce (y) Feedback left!

Thanks for the great feedback guys. @Allen1: The SMD parts are reflow soldered in a homebuilt reflow oven. My handsoldering wouldn't look that neat either :)

Bryce.

Hi Bryce, you must be very proud of the reflow oven you made, getting the right temperature, distance from heater and time for the solder to melt and flow properly, I know that all that is hard to get right and would be a labour of love but well worth it from the results :).

You make it sound much cooler than it is. In reality: A small "Pizza oven" with a PWM controller on the main heater. Temperature and distance are done by having a thermocouple fixed to a dummy PCB on the tray and the dwelling/soaking/soldering curve is controlled by a simple PIC micro-controller - read the temperature and adjust the PWM as required. The temperature curves can be found online.

Bryce.

Bump because I just realised I still have a bunch of these...

Bryce.

I still have a few of these for sale if anyone is interested.

Bryce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom