Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Country
US&A
Region
CA
Hi chaps and chapesses! Your friend in retro, Perifractic here. In case you missed it my full size LEGO replacement breadbin cases are now available. My designs are completely free and open source for you to use, and I provide all instructions on how to order your own bricks from Bricklink sellers at http://bit.ly/brixty , along with the free build instructions.

Alternatively you can PM me for direct ordering info by popular demand. (Word of caution; LEGOs ain't cheap anywhere - the Millennium Falcon in $799!) Prices for my cases start at $99 for a case bottom piece, and rise depending on colours. Again PM for details, or visit the above link.

New Sexy Back newer.jpg Main - Yellow.jpg Stormputer.jpg

More colours at the linky above.

All cases include C64 compatible LEGO red LED, mounting kits for real C64 PCBs, Pi, Keyrah and other options, and real keyboards, all as shown in my videos at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7QScsJIdNE1VHpfgQSmnuXbgO01RcI_Z

Full kit.jpg

Enjoy going brick to the future with this collision of 2 nostalgic retro worlds ;)
2c065a9ebaec88b059987301338b6412.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool!

Have you thought about Amiga? These could be very suitable for machines with addons like USB, VGA ports etc also (just remove a few bricks)

Very cool!

Have you thought about Amiga? These could be very suitable for machines with addons like USB, VGA ports etc also (just remove a few bricks)
Thanks! Definitely thinking about it next... Would you prefer A500 or A1200 style? I'm thinking classic A500, as I went with classic breadbin here.

There's also a lot of demand for Apple //e though I'm not sure why... [emoji848]

I loved the videos! Never been a C64 fan, so I am able to resist this cool package :) Pretty sure, with some alteration it will also hold an Ultimate64 mainboard from Gideon :)

An Amiga would be cool, but I guess, you'll probably need to enforce it a lot for it to be strong enough. Maybe a smaller scale a500/a1200 model in Lego to hold the Vampire Standalone?

Many thanks! This version comes with a kit that can help you house an Ultimate64.

I'll keep noodling about the Amiga idea.

This is very cool indeed. Actually I would consider C64+LEGO as cool2. :)

Normally I would never glue LEGO pieces together but in this case I might actually want to be able to use the case and then there is probably no way around some kind of adhesive. It could probably be strenghtened without adhesives by adding extra struts between top and bottom - particularly when used with a U64 board which takes up very little area.

This is fricking awesome I think - talk about clever product linking - C64 and LEGO? - winner!

This is very cool indeed. Actually I would consider C64+LEGO as cool2. :)

Normally I would never glue LEGO pieces together but in this case I might actually want to be able to use the case and then there is probably no way around some kind of adhesive. It could probably be strenghtened without adhesives by adding extra struts between top and bottom - particularly when used with a U64 board which takes up very little area.
Thanks guys. In my usage no need for struts. The keyboard mounts to the base. But no harm experimenting.

Imagine opening a lego C64 on Christmas morning when you were a kid...you got to build it and then play some Buggy Boy. My head would have exploded!

Here's a look at the yellow in action.

Perfect case if you have an Ultimate64 or similar.
3cc121c27d85612aa60a4b61e01236d0.jpg
d7796cd8dd0a653e02edd7600cf09496.jpg
4822b7c18a014f1d3fb336800df49840.jpg
6b7c785c3ff647b2f4a28dbcbefd8d08.jpg

Are you referring to the SX-64 color scheme, or did you actually come up with a Lego case for the SX-64?

I'd be very interested in seeing a case replacement for the SX!

Edit: That was weird, this reply didn't attach to the SX-64 post. Anyway...

Last edited:
Awesome, not seen this before. This appeals to me in so many ways, may have to save some pennies.

Are you referring to the SX-64 color scheme, or did you actually come up with a Lego case for the SX-64?

I'd be very interested in seeing a case replacement for the SX!

Edit: That was weird, this reply didn't attach to the SX-64 post. Anyway...
Just the color scheme. I don't have an SX case, yet. The development of the 64 versions above was surprisingly time consuming (and costly) which are hurdles. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom