jvidia

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Country
Portugal
Region
Cascais
Hi!

I'm selling modded PC floppy disk drives to work with the Amiga.

They were modded by me and read/write tested internally on my Amiga 500 (Rev.5).

Didn't test them on other Amiga models but they might work well and with external enclosures too!

NOTES:

1. the high density sensor was not removed, so if you use HD floppy disks you must tape the HD hole in the floppy. If not, your amiga will give an error not recognizing the disk.
  2. for anyone that doesn't know, the ribbon cable on PC drives is plugged reversed as to the original internal amiga drive (at least in my A500). SO PLEASE REVERSE THE CABLE ON BOTH ENDS WHEN USING THEM ON THE A500.
  3. the drives will be modded as DF0, if not explicitly asked to be DF1.
  4. one user here tested them on one A4000, and they only work at 880kb.

At the moment I have 0 available. No more stock planned!

Asking --€ for each modded drive + shipping.

Payment methods:

• PayPal (family/friend)

This items are also being sold outside Amibay.

Please PM for shipping costs to your country and state your interest here too!

(y)

Last edited:
Interested in both - sending pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd like one, too. If you happen to have one with black front bezel, I'd like it even more. :)

PM follows.

Best,
Torsten

Edit: Interest withdrawn.

Last edited:
Do you have any with black faceplates? I’m setting up an Alice 4000+ motherboard into a PC case and it’s black.

I’d need one set to DF0 and the other set to DF1. These would need to be shipped to Buffalo, NY, USA, 14226.

I’m also not certain I understand your caution about the drive cable being connected backwards? Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any with black faceplates? I’m setting up an Alice 4000+ motherboard into a PC case and it’s black.

I’d need one set to DF0 and the other set to DF1. These would need to be shipped to Buffalo, NY, USA, 14226.

I’m also not certain I understand your caution about the drive cable being connected backwards? Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have black faced ones.
The shipping cost to the USA would be expensive (15€ to 22€) with no tracking!
It depends of the final weight of the package.
Do you want me to see the shipping cost?

Shipped 2 drives to Casey4147

Two more available but only with white front bezels.

Last edited:
Hi,

I’m interested in one for my Amiga 500. I’m brand new to the forum so can’t PM unfortunately.

Cheers

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom