Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Best new Amiga joystick?

  1. #1
    snoopy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne
    Posts
    143
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

    Default Best new Amiga joystick?

    Hi guys, looking for a good quality new amiga arcade style joystick,

    I have found 3 so far,

    -Competition Pro retro,
    https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/produ...pro-retro.html

    -Amiga Evolution
    https://amigakit.amiga.store/product...oducts_id=1172

    -Mini monster
    https://monsterjoysticks.com/deluxe-...k-kit-ice-blue

    Anyone tried any of these sticks or have you come across any others? The 3rd one is intriguing as it seems to use high quality parts (though needs assembly) but never heard of it before.
    Only Amiga Makes it Possible!

    A1200, Indivision MKIICR, Blizzard 1230 IV 32mb
    A500 rev 6a, ACA500+ 42/8mb, Indivision ECS, 512k ram exp, broken Roctec Roclite Ext FDD

  2. #2
    RED IMPACT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Lancashire
    Posts
    1,386
    Feedback
    88 (100%)

    Default

    While not technically a joystick I always preferred a Sega Mega Drive joypad on my Amiga

  3. #3
    Incoming ASROC! VIP
    Amibayer!
    salaxi54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    GREECE
    Region:
    Athens
    Posts
    3,835
    Feedback
    113 (100%)

    Default

    Our Greek member MasterGR makes some sturdy Amiga joysticks from what i know. You could contact him and find out. Here's a link to another forum where he has placed an ad:
    http://www.retro4fun.gr/pbb/viewtopi...2fba63230affef
    Generally speaking, Greek-built joysticks have always had a good reputation of being long-lasting. Ask any owner!

  4. #4
    8 Bit Dreams DjCook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Bavaria
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,086
    Feedback
    90 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy77 View Post
    Hi guys, looking for a good quality new amiga arcade style joystick,

    I have found 3 so far,

    -Competition Pro retro,
    https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/produ...pro-retro.html

    -Amiga Evolution
    https://amigakit.amiga.store/product...oducts_id=1172

    -Mini monster
    https://monsterjoysticks.com/deluxe-...k-kit-ice-blue

    Anyone tried any of these sticks or have you come across any others? The 3rd one is intriguing as it seems to use high quality parts (though needs assembly) but never heard of it before.
    Your listed joysticks can not work in two button mode (CD32 like), this is pretty cool feature, some games do need two buttons to play comfortable..
    repairs of retro computers & hardware in Germany

  5. #5
    Commercial Vendor
    Amibayer!
    www_amigakit_com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region:
    Cardiff
    Posts
    842
    Feedback
    6 (100%)

    Default

    Our Arcade Evolution Amiga Joystick can work with 2 button games. Fire A and Fire B are independent.
    www.amigakit.com Amiga Computer Store

  6. #6
    javidoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    Spain
    Region:
    Mainland
    Posts
    516
    Feedback
    98 (100%)

    Default

    I would go for one with three buttons, and remap one of them to "UP". You're going to use it a lot, it makes things easier Maybe you can mod one of them with a new extra button...Quality parts is important to me, as the stick in the "cheaper" joysticks seems loose, and not so responsive. Sanwa and Seimitsu, are good brands for the stick part.Regards.

  7. #7
    witchmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Finland
    Region:
    Pohjanmaa
    Posts
    109
    Feedback
    24 (100%)

    Default

    Monster joysticks use high quality parts so you will probably not be disappointed. However, I have never myself gotten used to using the left hand with a joystick and buttons with the right hand (didn't grow up with arcade games).

    EDIT: Is it maybe possible to mirror the monster joystick for right hand use (turn the top of the case upside down)?
    Last edited by witchmaster; 10th December 2018 at 09:35.

  8. #8
    Incoming ASROC! VIP
    Amibayer!
    salaxi54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    GREECE
    Region:
    Athens
    Posts
    3,835
    Feedback
    113 (100%)

    Default

    Yup, that's what the description says: Designed to be fully reversible for left and right handed players

  9. #9
    Half-Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    Slovenia
    Region:
    Idrija
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,611
    Feedback
    132 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchmaster View Post
    Monster joysticks use high quality parts so you will probably not be disappointed. However, I have never myself gotten used to using the left hand with a joystick and buttons with the right hand (didn't grow up with arcade games).

    EDIT: Is it maybe possible to mirror the monster joystick for right hand use (turn the top of the case upside down)?
    Yes, I believe it can be reversed.
    My main rig is a 386DX-40

  10. #10
    witchmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Finland
    Region:
    Pohjanmaa
    Posts
    109
    Feedback
    24 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salaxi54 View Post
    Yup, that's what the description says: Designed to be fully reversible for left and right handed players
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Saint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witchmaster View Post
    Monster joysticks use high quality parts so you will probably not be disappointed. However, I have never myself gotten used to using the left hand with a joystick and buttons with the right hand (didn't grow up with arcade games).

    EDIT: Is it maybe possible to mirror the monster joystick for right hand use (turn the top of the case upside down)?
    Yes, I believe it can be reversed.
    I guess I should have read the description, I'm sure this is a great joystick then!

Similar Threads

  1. Sold Commodore Joystick + Prof Competition Joystick
    By suave in forum Amiga
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 5th September 2016, 10:11
  2. Closed PC Joystick Game Card 2X Ports 2X Joystick (USA)
    By PeterNC in forum Sales Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13th May 2016, 20:25
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29th May 2015, 14:49
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 7th July 2014, 18:52
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23rd June 2014, 23:47

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •