KTRL Wireless Controller PCBs and Components (CD32, C64, MSX, PC etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchmaster

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Pohjanmaa
ktrl-wireless-small.jpg

In this thread I'm selling PCBs and components needed to build KTRL Wireless gamepads and receivers for Amiga CD32, C64, MSX and USB. You will need to get the gamepad case and battery from elsewhere and if you want, you can also buy all the components (except the PCB) from other places. Thorough building instructions can be found here. I'm not currently selling assembled gamepads but if anybody is interested in assembling a few and selling to others you can do so as long as you buy the PCBs from me. Don't hesitate to ask if anything is unclear!

What is the KTRL Wireless?

The KTRL Wireless is a configurable wireless gamepad that has receivers for Amiga CD32, C64*, MSX and USB**. One gamepad can be used with multiple systems (by setting receivers to different channels and then selecting gamepad channel via button combination). You can read more about it below, the controller is quite versatile.

*) The C64 receiver will also work as a one or two button controller for other systems with Atari compatible joystick ports.
**) The USB receiver is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Raspberry PI, MISTer etc.

KTRL Wireless Gamepad kit
ktrl-wireless-gamepad-small.jpg

PCB (version 1.0) (+ laminated stickers)8€
ATMEGA328P (preprogrammed)4€
Components (includes genuine nRF24L01+ module)8€
Total20€
I can also sell prepared black iNNEXT gamepad cases for 7€/case. (Shipping costs will then be slightly higher).
You can also get the gamepad on eBay etc. and mod the case yourself. More details

You will also need:
3.7V 500mAh li-po battery (get it on eBay or elsewhere). More details
Micro-USB cable for charging.

KTRL Wireless CD32 Receiver kit
ktrl-wireless-cd32-small.jpg

PCB (version 1.0) (+ laminated sticker)3€
Total15€

KTRL Wireless C64 Receiver kit
ktrl-wireless-c64-small.jpg

Total15€

KTRL Wireless MSX Receiver kit
ktrl-wireless-msx-small.jpg

Components (includes genuine nRF24L01+ module)5€
Total12€

KTRL Wireless USB Receiver kit
ktrl-wireless-usb-small.jpg

Components (includes genuine nRF24L01+ module)5€
Total8€
You will also need:
Arduino Pro Micro (3.3V @ 8MHz) or clone (get it on eBay or elsewhere).

Payment and Shipping Costs

Payment via PayPal as family/friend.

Shipping costs vary depending on weight, but I can probably ship one or two sets (PCB + ATMEGA + Components) for 3.50€ inside Europe, 7.70€ rest of the world if I send in a padded envelope. If you want that I ship the items in a box, it will probably be more a few euros more.

KTRL Wireless General features

• Highly configurable
  • Receivers for Amiga CD32 (and other Amigas), C64 (and systems with Atari compatible port), MSX and USB (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Raspberry PI, MiSTer)
  • One controller can be used on multiple systems by changing radio channel of the controller (20 different channels)
  • Very low latency (~1ms when connection is good)
  • Reliable range is several meters.

Controller

• SNES gamepad style
  • MicroUSB for charging
  • Gold plated dpad/button pads for responsive control
  • Sleep mode to save battery if power left on and no activity for 15 minutes
  • 500mAh Li-po battery (many hours of battery life)
  • Status LED (for power on, resume from sleep, setting channel, low battery)
  • Firmware can be updated using ICSP (In Circuit Serial Programmer)

Receivers (for all receivers below)

• Configurable using controller: full button/dpad mapping, turbo-fire for most buttons (speed adjustable)
  • Store up to four presets
  • Channel select button
  • Status LED (helps with configuring)
  • Firmware can be updated using ICSP

Amiga CD32 Receiver (also for other Amigas)
  • Fully compatible with the original CD32 gamepad (works as two button gamepad for non-CD32 games)
  • Works on most Amigas (I write most, because there can be problems with some revisions, like the original CD32 gamepad)

C64 Receiver
  • Compatible with Commodore C64, C64GS, C128, VIC-20, Amiga, Atari 2600 (VCS), Atari 800, Atari ST, maybe also others
  • Compatible with Commodore C16, C116, CPlus4, MSX and Sharp X68000 using adapters
  • Does not disable any keys on the C64 keyboard like the original CD32 gamepad and my KTRL CD32 receiver do.
  • Normal two button support where available.
  • Special C64/C128 two button support: second button can be wired to controller port 1 and will let you use a second button for several games that use SPACE key as a secondary action.
  • Third and fourth face buttons are set up for Up/Down by default so you can for example jump with a button instead of using up on the DPAD (you can also disable up/down on the DPAD by configuring the controller)

MSX Receiver

• Compatible with MSX and Sharp X68000
  • Two button support
  • Like on the C64 receiver, third and fourth face buttons are set up for Up/Down by default

USB Receiver

• Compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Raspberry PI, MISTer etc.
  • USB HID meaning no drivers necessary
  • Can be used as gamepad, keyboard or mouse (quick toggle between modes)
  • Keyboard mode: DPAD is mapped to arrow keys, other key mappings are yet not final (but this receiver can be updated over USB)
  • Mouse mode:
    Left/Middle/Right mouse buttons
    Various pointer speeds using left and right triggers
    Scroll by holding the third face button (various speeds using left and right triggers)
  • Special button combination in all modes (LT+RT+Down+Red) will be interpreted as an F12 keypress, this is useful to show the OSD on MiSTer
  • Firmware can be updated using USB

Last edited:
Could I get a CD32 joypad kit and an Amiga receiver kit please? And also if you have any of the nRF24L01+ chips left, two of those?

Interested in one or more kits, already declared interest in wired kit, combine shipping if possible :)

Hi,

Say I wanted to make my original pad wireless, would this kit work with that PCB? I believe all components would fit in the casing as well.

Hi,

Say I wanted to make my original pad wireless, would this kit work with that PCB? I believe all components would fit in the casing as well.
I'm sorry for the late reply. Hmm, not really possible. I mean it might be possible with a lot of work.

I am interested in two gamepad kits , no Gamepads and two CD32 Receivers. Please send Payment Instructions

Hello, interested by two assembled CD32 pads and receivers if possible

I know this thread seems to have gone a bit cold, are these kits still available? I might be interested in some.

Reiterating my interest in a couple of those Pads and transceivers for all the retro systems available, perhaps even USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom