The quest for more memory.

voyager2

Country
Nederland
Region
Alkmaar - Noordholland
I have this 68030TK installed in my A500+ with the hope that 2 MB Chip + 4 MB fast was enough to play some games and some multichannel music from time to time.
There was a possibility that there would be a 64MB expansion but it seems the 100 pin connector between the accelerator and the memory board does not want to play nice
so it will always be stuck with 4MB fast. Beyond that its really is a wonderful card with a very fast IDE Interface.

After booting classic workbench I'm left with 1.859.472 chip and 2.504.520 fast.

Loading Delitracker it eats al the memory loading everything into memory making it unusable, so I unload the stuff I don't need and end up with 753.232 chip 1.208.784.

Most multichannel mod's in my collection are about 0.5 - 1.5 MB in size but if I try to load a 500kb module it claims it out of memory?

Eagleplayer can also play multichannel music and acts normal when loading but the players are a bit off. Hanging notes or a bit slow in tempo etc.

There is this 2MB ram upgrade kit from BOOBIP, that will give me 1 MB chip (have to remove the 1 MB I have now) And 1 MB slow mem or Ranger mem.

I have some questions.

Wil it work with the 4 MB fast I have now on my 68030TK?

And can you load a program or module into different parts of the memory or does the memory need to be in one chunk?
So can you load a let's say 2 MB module into 1mb fast ram and 1mb into slow or ranger memory?

So will the 1mb extra slow mem help me here or not?
And does it slow down the system putting data into slow mem?

Regards Sebastian

Back
Top Bottom