Amiscandoubler, a new scandoubler for the Amiga

petraiello

Country
Italia
Region
Catania City
"At the beginning it was a dream but now it is becoming true"

I wanted to do something for the Amiga world, after two decades, but to present the usual expansions of memories or strange interfaces was not a good idea.

So I decided to create from scratch a strongly requested circuit i.e. an internal board for the Amiga: an OCS/ECS/AGA scandoubler.

I named it the "Amiscandoubler".

The road map includes the version for slot-equipped Amigas (A2000/2500) as well as an internal card for the A500/500+/1000 or any other Amiga with a socketed Denise/Superdenise.

Later an AGA version will be made only for A4000/4000T when I can get my hands on a working A4000.

An external version is also being studied for all PAL computers with a video output (RGB/Y-C/CVBS) such as C64, VIC20, A1200, A600, Atari, Mac, etc. or even other equipment such as VHS video recorders.

Everything started with this:

Image00001.jpg

First prototype with PCB:
Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Second improved version:
Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

The Amiscandoubler permits to see a 15kHz RGB video signal onto a VGA 31kHz monitor by doubling horizontal frequency yet maintaining original resolutions.

It is still under advanced development stage.

If someone is interested about please send a PM.

Reservations and preorders are welcome (I suppose a cost of some tens of Euros for the final product).

Very good option Strongly interested. Upon production one for a1200 and c64/128 - atari - amstrad count me in.

Last edited:
Very good job (y)

Would be interested in integrating such a device to the next A4000TX motherboard (and others).

I’d be very interested in one too for my A500

Very good job [emoji106]

Would be interested in integrating such a device to the next A4000TX motherboard (and others).
That would be awesome!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

The AGA version needs 8bit for each video channel, i.e. 24 bit totally for doubling each video row and two banks of memories for deinterlacing.
Everything has to be perfectly PLLed to the system clock. It could be integrated but it needs strong layout modifications.

Very good job (y)

Back
Top Bottom