Blogger
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Country
Dutchieland (Netherlands)
Region
Utrecht
Hi,

I'm selling a defective CyberStormPPC card with a spare 233Mhz PPC processor.

It was sent to Hese (here on Amibay) for analysis/repair and this was his investigative conclusion:
I have tested the CSPPC card. It seems there has been a extensive rework done on the board before it arrived here. There were some problems with the card. One chip had leg with no solder on it and one of the oscillators had a broken pin. The pin was broken inside the socket. Also the card had two burned buffer chips.

I replaced the socket leg that had the pin inside it with another one. I inspected the solder work and added solder for the IC leg that had no solder. And I replaced the burned buffer chips with working ones while I tested the card. I tested the card with my own known-good oscillators but the card still does not work. I also tested the BootROM chip and it's functional. I suspect that the current spike that burned the two buffer chips also reached to the MACH chips and broke one or more of them.

So in short, unfortunately the card is not repairable without a donor board for the MACH chips.

CSPPC_Small.jpg CSPPC_Back_Small.jpg Processor_Cooler.jpg Processor.jpg

Shipping world-wide, but buyer will pay the shipping, PayPal and/or any other fees.

Looking for € 500,- excl. shipping/PayPal costs

PayPal and IBAN accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom