60   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Stockholm
c64-cart-magic-desk.jpg

c64-magic-desk-cart-menu.jpg

Magic Desk (256kB) C64 cartridge

Load your favourite games/programs in seconds!

Single load PRG games/programs (max 61 kb / 244 blocks each) can be converted and burned to the flash chip (Microchip SST39SF020A-70-4C-PHE). Access to a EPROM programmer is needed for this but I can help you with this (max 4 PRGs) at no extra charge before sending the cartridge to you. I will NOT burn commercially available (can be bought today) games/programs.

All chips are socketed as standard but can be soldered directly to the board to make the PCB fit in a standard cartridge case. The cartridge also has a reset switch.

Price: 20€ each (payment to Paypal as gift/friend)
Shipping: 2.5€ (untracked)

Last edited:
Hi ZZarko,

Yes, the board should be compatible with that too. Thank you for creating this!

I've been using DDIs tool (similar) for making my own game compilations. I'm aware that the cartridge can contain more than four games/programs if they are smaller than 28 kB (if I remember correctly).

Cheers!

With program from CSDB you can create compilations with up to 60 programs, if I remember correctly, where max size can be as large as prg files can be large (I think I tested it with prg files with 200+ blocks).

I have a couple questions:

Can it autoload a prg on boot rather than going into a menu?
Could it be flashed with a .crt image file? (obviously without a menu as well)

Last edited:
Hi Raffie,

I have another cart (64 kB Hucky) that is probably better suited for your needs. It autoloads a game/program and you can probably convert the .crt to .bin. PM me if interested.

What sort of Eprom burner would I need for this?

Will it fit inside this?

https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/c64romcart.html

Hi,

I'm using a TL866II Plus programmer which supports a wide range of chips. It is quite popular and I'm very satisfied with it.

The board will fit inside a standard cartridge case with the chips soldered directly to the board (not socketed). Some cases *might* have enough space for socketed chips.

EDIT: the Magic Desk cartridge is about 8 mm shorter than the reference PCB for the stumpy case and should fit just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom