Not open for further replies.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
UK
Region
London
Hi Amibayers,

This may be a long shot but I'm not sure where else to ask but I have an issue with my 128D power supply (see attached photo), basically it trips the sockets on my consumer unit (main fuse board) when I turn it on.

This actually happened a while back & i put the 128D away but it's time to either repair or get rid, can anyone help or point me in the direction of someone that can, preferably in the UK?

Regards

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_3326.jpg
    IMG_3326.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 1
Ask Bas mate. He fixed mine!

Riggz? This is Mark (64, 500, 1200 & NES order).

You had a similar issue with a 128D?

Bas is no longer in the UK but it might be cheaper to ship to Greece than to the USA.
yep, he said it's £18. So not bad really.

I'm not really a regular on these boards, who is this fabled Bas you speak of?

- - - Updated - - -

Contact Ray Carlsen. He fixed my 128D PSU, Amiga PSUs and some other stuff. He does top work.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/

That's not a bad idea, Ray built a 64 PSU for me recently so it is an option to ask him (my friend frequently travels between London & Phoenix so it could theoretically just need posting within the US) but it's quite long winded, although Ray is indeed the ideal man, for logistics sake I'd prefer to have it done here tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Replace the 2 fat electrolyte capacitors. The dry out and cause a short.

I can wield a soldering iron but I'll be honest, I'm not confident enough to mess with PSU's but out of interest, what two large caps are you referring to because I think there is only one large cap in my PSU?

Bas' username is TheCorfiot on the forum.

If I had to guess, I'd say the components in the top left corner are three 2200uF 16V caps (says 2200/16 on them). There's also a smaller one labeled 1000/16.

As for the main 220V cap, it looks fishy. Is is seriously bulging or does it just appear that way?

this white quad thingy beneath power regulators is fuse - check it, maybe its blown

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom