[Pre-Orders] Kipper2K Dual-Rom / Quad-Rom - hold reset to switch Kickstart rom boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Payment address in your original PM was incorrect. Payment has now been re-sent.

Cheers.

Interested in:
1 x 500 Quad ROM 16-Bit for 1.3 , 3.1 , 3.1.4 and DiagROM
1 x 500 Quad ROM 16-Bit for 1.3 , 2.0 , 3.1.4 and DiagROM
1 x 600 Quad ROM 16-Bit for 1.3 , 3.1 , 3.1.4 and DiagROM
2 x 1200 Quad ROM 32-Bit for 1.3 , 3.1 , 3.1.4 and DiagROM
1 x 4000D Quad ROM 32-Bit for 1.3 , 3.1 , 3.1.4 and DiagROM
I own legally ROM 1.3 to 3.1.4 for all my machines.

Payment received

** Update **

Due to overwhelming demand for the Quad roms, I am ordering more stock which hopefully should arrive at the time the PCB's arrive, with potentially a few days overlap. I will be shipping in order of purchases on the main post.

Last edited:
R
So the ROM is under the sticker and the height is like an original KS ROM?

the chip where the rom is stored is low profile, see the link in the op kipper2k original announcement .

- - - Updated - - -

Interested in:
1x Dual ROM 1.3-3.1.4 for A500
1x Dual ROM 1.3-3.1.4 for A600
1x Dual ROM 1.3-3.1.4 for A1200, if there is a solution due to 2x ROMs in machine
I own legally ROM 1.3 and 3.1.4 for all my machines. Thank you.
Shipping to Australia

Pm can’t send . Inbox quota full

and the a1200 does have two chips and will support the dual roms as expected.

My apologies... back to the forum, message box cleaned and ready to act.
Will send PM now.

R
So the ROM is under the sticker and the height is like an original KS ROM?

the chip where the rom is stored is low profile, see the link in the op kipper2k original announcement .

- - - Updated - - -

Interested in:
1x Dual ROM 1.3-3.1.4 for A500
1x Dual ROM 1.3-3.1.4 for A600
1x Dual ROM 1.3-3.1.4 for A1200, if there is a solution due to 2x ROMs in machine
I own legally ROM 1.3 and 3.1.4 for all my machines. Thank you.
Shipping to Australia

Pm can’t send . Inbox quota full

and the a1200 does have two chips and will support the dual roms as expected.

My apologies... back to the forum, message box cleaned and ready to act.
Will send PM now.

Thats okay ! Happens mate don’t worry. Pm received and replied with details .

Quick update

ALL parts arriving today, only thing left is the PCB's which are currently heading here from China, not long now.

Still accepting pre-orders, once the batches are made i'll take photos/videos etc. And start posting in FIFO order.

The 1mb Roms (not to be mistaken with 512kb hi lo in 32 bit totalling 1mb) are potentially possible on a revision but it’s a niche situation that doesn’t really warrant a production without gauging interest on the matter and in any case typically most end users are happy with various 512kb kickstart versions and diagrom.

Last edited:
*Update*

Boards -

Sorry, your item went to Atherstone Intl RDC in error, so we re-routed it immediately. More information will be available as it travels through our network.

>< trust royal mail to screw up that badly, hopefully they arrive here in the next 1-2 days , about 20 miles off the radar lol.

Excited to get through the pre-order in FIFO order and send them out.

Last edited:
*Update*

pcb's have arrived...

cU6Z3JE.jpg

20x 32bit
20x 16bit

looks like im still waiting on some programmer parts, seems tied up a bit. re-ordering more stuff from ebay to make them race.

Last edited:
*update*

1/2 parts left to arrive, probably 1-2 days and after which we can begin production.

dqmnkLG.jpg

If anyone is thinking of making a purchase on some dual or quad rom boards, now will be a good time to get them.

Last edited:
I'm curious: how it manages detecting the CTRL-A-A provided that there is no /RST line linked to the ROM socket(s) ?

Interested in:
1 x 1200 Quad ROM 32-Bit for 1.3 , 3.1 , 3.1.4 and DiagROM
I own legally ROM 1.3 to 3.1.4 for all my Amigas

Wil send PM

I'm curious: how it manages detecting the CTRL-A-A provided that there is no /RST line linked to the ROM socket(s) ?

We looked at various ways in which this could be detectable and discovered a signal available on the rom socket which toggles between logic high/low in respect to the state of the Amiga therefor we used this signal relative to an Amiga RESET coontrolling the rom banks via the pic10f based on a held min duration.

- - - Updated - - -

Interested in:
1 x 1200 Quad ROM 32-Bit for 1.3 , 3.1 , 3.1.4 and DiagROM
I own legally ROM 1.3 to 3.1.4 for all my Amigas

Wil send PM

interest received and pm sent

OK, in the meantime you answered, I also got it from myself, it should be /ROMEN.
Thx

We looked at various ways in which this could be detectable and discovered a signal available on the rom socket which toggles between logic high/low in respect to the state of the Amiga therefor we used this signal relative to an Amiga RESET coontrolling the rom banks via the pic10f based on a held min duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom