Not open for further replies.

SukkoPera

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Turin
Up for sale is my modified version of the 68000 CPU relocator for A500s by AwesomeInferno.

While his version works well, it slightly obstructs the Kickstart ROM socket, making it almost impossible to use any kind of Kickstart switcher or even to replace the ROM without removing the relocator, which is always a pain as pins break easily. So I set to rework it, in order to free up some space and applied my standard PCB design practices while I was at it.

Apart from the slightly different form factor, the main modification was to connect the copper pours on both layers to the GND net and to stitch them here and there. Other minor modifications were the rerouting of some traces and the porting of the project to KiCad 5.

The board is Open Hardware released under the GPLv2, please refer to https://github.com/SukkoPera/Open68000Relocator for more information.

The board has been tested and is working fine with my TF530. Here is a picture so that you can see how the board looks when installed in a rev.6 A500:
Foto%2010-02-19%2C%2011%2010%2044.jpg

And this is how the original board (green) compares with mine (red):
Foto%2010-02-19%2C%2011%2012%2025.jpg

SEPTEMBER 2019: 10 PCBS AVAILABLE!

Prices:
- PCB only: 4€
- DIY kit (PCB + pinstrips you will need to solder yourself): 7€
- Soldered and tested board: 12€ (These are prepared upon request as my availability allows, so shipping will be slower)

Payment methods accepted: PayPal Family & Friends (or add commissions), Bank Transfer, Satispay (for Italian buyers)

Items will ship worldwide from Italy. All shipments will be trackable and at cost. As a rule of thumb, shipping for a single kit should be 3,50€ to Europe, 4,50€ to the US and 5,50€ to Africa, Asia and Australia. Add 6€ for tracked & signed for. Ask for exact quote.

Item is also on sale elsewhere.

Feel free to ask any questions.

My Sales:

Last edited:
I have a few questions about this new type of relocator.

- How stable is the new relocator?
- Have you found some bug issues when using TF-530?

Well, as you can see in the second picture, the "new" relocator is not much different from the "old" relocator. It only has a "cut corner" that makes up for a bit more space around the KS ROM.

So it's just as stable as the old one, and also electrically it's the same as the old one (that is a 1:1 pin mapping), so it doesn't cause any new bugs/issues. If it did, I would have said so in the initial description or I just wouldn't have put it up for sale in the first place.

Last edited:
Well, the naked board weights 20g, so I *think* I can confirm 3.50€ to Europe and 4.50€ to the US. I will assemble a couple of boards tomorrow and weight them just to be sure. Then I'll get back to both of you.

Last edited:
Well, the naked board weights 20g, so I *think* I can confirm 3.50€ to Europe and 4.50€ to the US. I will assemble a couple of boards tomorrow and weight them just to be sure. Then I'll get back to both of you.

Thanks. I did send a PM regarding this relocator. Looking forward to a reply.

OK, I confirm 3.50€ to Europe and 4.50€ to the US. It will probably be just below the 50g limit.

@Brostenen: going to reply to your PM now.

@Jim_Oregon: PM me if you are still interested.

Money send. If you do not have any shipping address (should be on the transfer note), then please PM me about it.
Looking forward to get that Cloanto 2-in-1 working alongside the TF-530 that I have. :)

Both payments received, thanks

One adapter is ready for shipment, I'll try to solder the other one tonight and ship both of them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Both payments received, thanks

One adapter is ready for shipment, I'll try to solder the other one tonight and ship both of them tomorrow.

Sounds great. (y) I have been working on my upgrade project since Feb. 2018, so I can wait that extra day before you ship. :D

Last edited:
Well, if you can wait, I should be visiting Denmark at the end of April and might deliver the adapter in person :D.

But I'm sure you don't want to wait *that* long ;).

Both packages sent this morning, they weighted 48g, so just under the 50g limit as expected :). Tracking info sent via PM.

I have assembled one extra relocator, so if anybody wants it he/she can have it shipped almost instantly :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom