Sold Commodore 64 PSU replacement/upgrade board (rebuild kit)

A few more boards assembled (last from current batch) and another 4 boards sold outside Amibay.

Last edited:
Two boards sold outside Amibay. No boards left from current batch. New batch will be available soon.

Last edited:
More PSU boards are now available!

Edit: one board sold on another *bay

Last edited:
Sounds like you got one of those non-repairable PSUs totally filled with resin. I guess that these are junk once it fails unfortunately.

I have one of those black psu's. You can actually remove the resin 'fairly' easily. Here's a vid detailing how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fej_3XbufRA

I made my own psu with a transformer and old psp power brick. Your board looks a great alternative tho, excellent stuff. Wish I'd known about it beforehand! And had the old wedge psu!

Erm... I received the package, but a bit unsure of how to mount/solder this, I thought there were going to be some instructions...
Also there is one resistor attached.
I am not so proficient in electronics though I can solder ;)
Could you explain to the "less able" how it has to be attached?
Thanks

Erm... I received the package, but a bit unsure of how to mount/solder this, I thought there were going to be some instructions...
Thanks

Hi,

The mounting/soldering is pretty straight forward as the board is a "drop in" solution. Once you get the bottom plate off you should see how the wires are connected (note positions). There is also a voltage regulator (three legs) connected to the original board. Just cut these three legs as this component is not used anymore and the culprit for frying the C64 when the PSU goes bad.

Check the images in first post and you'll see how it's supposed to fit. And the resistor is for the power LED option (mentioned in first post).

Have you opened your PSU yet?

Last edited:
Thanks

Hi,

The mounting/soldering is pretty straight forward as the board is a "drop in" solution. Once you get the bottom plate off you should see how the wires are connected (note positions). There is also a voltage regulator (three legs) connected to the original board. Just cut these three legs as this component is not used anymore and the culprit for frying the C64 when the PSU goes bad.

Check the images in first post and you'll see how it's supposed to fit. And the resistor is for the power LED option (mentioned in first post).

Hello, no I have not opened the PS yet!
I will do it this weekend, I only had a look at the board and was looking for the 220v input line but couldn't find it!
Then I thought that maybe this is only a voltage regulator board?

Anyways I will have a look tomorrow evening

Thanks

Hi,

Hello, no I have not opened the PS yet!
I will do it this weekend, I only had a look at the board and was looking for the 220v input line but couldn't find it!
Then I thought that maybe this is only a voltage regulator board?

Anyways I will have a look tomorrow evening

Hi, yes that's correct. The board regulates the 9VAC from the transformer to 5VDC. Get back to me if you need more assistance!

From this :
IMG-7031.jpg

to this?

IMG-7035.jpg

is this ok? Thanks

I had to cut off a "submerged" volt regulator as well!

Last edited:
The 5v measures correctly, but the 9vac on the plug is zero..?
I hope that is right
well commodore boots, so seems ok!
Thanks!

Last edited:
9VAC on the plug should be around 10-11v with no load. Are you measuring AC, not DC?

I have an auto-voltage thing that does everything on it's own.
Should be ok as commodore is working.
What would fail if the 9v ac weren't going through?

Interest Queue

Interest Queue

Back
Top Bottom