OS3.9, FastATA1200 and AllegroCDFS

KBQ

Country
Netherlands
Region
Nijmegen
This is dead annoying. I had My CDROM drive working fine when I was running 3.1, all with the standard fastata driver disk, that comes with AllegroCDFS.

Now I've put together a new drive with OS3.9 boingbag2 in Winuae, plugged it into my Amiga, and installed the fastata disk, and now it doesn't recognize any CDs.

The installer found my drive and put a mountlist in devs, the ATA3.driver prefs program finds the drive correctly, PlayCD will even eject the tray! But it never actually bothers trying to read CDs at all. It just can't be bothered.

This is doing my head in.

Well, now I've officially tried everything. I went back to my old install, doesn't work. From scratch 3.1, doesn't work.

Tried different motherboards, power supplies, boot drives, etc etc. No difference. Dead to the world. Absolute garbage. It's going back to amigakit, assuming I can figure out how to open a support ticket.

Hello,

i just know that there is problems (contact problems) on how the version of this card for the A1200 is mounted. Can be that after your first try, you have touched something that has lead to disconnect the FastATA from the ROM socket.

Regards
Stefano

Back
Top Bottom