Closed TF534 - A500 / A1000 / A2000 Accelerator by Terrible Fire aka Stephen leary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. to be fair, it is enough memory to run stock WHDLoad setup, however, if You plan to add RTG card like Picasso - it will cut 2MB away as it shadows it's memory there, then You will like to use a nice and shiny wallpaper - that will need some ram space also, and wishes will rise, trust me..
Sure, two years back it was a dream - to have 030 CPU, ide and some megs of ram, but now everyone likes to expand his Amiga to the maximum..so yeah.. there should be 6 - 8MB at least if You plan to use it with RTG and some extras...64MB will be perfect..

Ps
Thank You Gadget for updating this thread, will start to make a list with non working memory cards now..

Last edited:
Can You guy's please try to run Your systems with caches disabled? The easiest way to try - is to close CDIS jumper near the CPU on the TF534 ( on some cards CDIS &MMUDIS jumpers are not populated since i thought these will never be used. In that case You need to solder a header in, and mount a jumper on it). Obe user said that GVP manual is saying if Agvp is in use with any accelerator caches need to be turned off, so we need to give it a try...

Thanks Viktor but it made no difference for me. Computer boots to yellow screen.
BTW, what is MMUDIS for ?

- - - Updated - - -

Well.. to be fair, it is enough memory to run stock WHDLoad setup, however, if You plan to add RTG card like Picasso - it will cut 2MB away as it shadows it's memory there, then You will like to use a nice and shiny wallpaper - that will need some ram space also, and wishes will rise, trust me..
Sure, two years back it was a dream - to have 030 CPU, ide and some megs of ram, but now everyone likes to expand his Amiga to the maximum..so yeah.. there should be 6 - 8MB at least if You plan to use it with RTG and some extras...64MB will be perfect..

Ps
Thank You Gadget for updating this thread, will start to make a list with non working memory cards now..

You better believe it. More memory is always good. RTG eats it up alive.

Mmu dis disables the MMU (memory management unit) on the 68030 cpu.

Side note some issues here seem like they may be the power supply (the memory cards not working are another problem. Im talking about some of the disk issues). With everything in the system and powered on carefully check voltage at or near the cpu. They need to be at minimum 4.75. System under load will use more power. Voltage will dip during boot and during other intensive tasks. I had this problem with a 68030 50mhz gvp accelerator. System and drives became unstable when booting and sometimes boot but whdload crash. I found voltage dipping to 4.5v during load. I turned up the 5v rail in my power supply (a2000 with a converted atx power supply). Runs perfect. Power at cpu never goes below 4.8 now and stable. Check power at cpu while booting and during whdload startup to look for dips. Just trying to help. Tf534 works fine in my A2000 with buddah (buddah is anniversary edition), a2065 ethernet, a2091 with 2meg ram (ram disabled via switch). My motherboard is recapped too (like others posting) and is rev 6.2 with 8375 vbb ntsc agnus with the vbb pin fixes applied from the old commodore bulletin and of course new atx power supply conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, indeed! thats the bare minimum, i recommend to check voltages right from the start, as this solves a lot of issues after system is built!

Hi, how to check the voltage on the TF? Or I can test it on the empty 68k socket?
Maybe a picture will help the less able (ME) to do that.
Thanks

gfyMkl.png

Check pinout of 68000 cpu and do measurements between VCC and GND..
just check chip orientation, be sure You count from pin 1. Do it once system is on, and while system is booting...

Last edited:
Looking for some sort of of 8MB RAM board that will play ball - maybe a Kipper2K board to stick in the old CPU slot? Shame they don't seem to be manufactured any more =/ TF534 is great though!!! Love it! If I could just get another 4 or 8MB in here somehow it would be perfect for me.

I noticed the other day someone is selling Kipper2K memory clones on Tindie if that helps: https://www.tindie.com/products/sukkopera/openamiga500fastramexpansion/

Hopefully that doesn't violate any forum policies, I'm not affiliated with the seller, just something I came across when looking for Kipper2K info.

Hi Viktor, so even having the TF534 installed and running I can check the voltage using the 68K empty socket?
On the picture I can't see where is the orientation mark that usually are on all the chips. Is it between 32 and 33 or between 1 and 64?

Can I ask the min and max value for both 5V and 12V ?
Thanks

Last edited:
You can use empty 68k socket to do measurement on A2000.
Pin 1 - is right pin on the bottom, and Pin 64 is left one on the bottom.
So count up till pin 14 (VCC) skip one (pin 15 is CLK) and measure between Pin 14 and Pin 16. Measurement between pins 49 & 53 will provide You same voltage as these are connected to respective pins on the other side.
Do measurement while system loads from cf card. Voltage drop should be not lower than 4.7v ideally it should be 4.95
12V is not connected to CPU and doesn't play any role on system stability...

Last edited:
You can use empty 68k socket to do measurement on A2000.
Pin 1 - is right pin on the bottom, and Pin 64 is left one on the bottom.
So count up till pin 14 (VCC) skip one (pin 15 is CLK) and measure between Pin 14 and Pin 16. Measurement between pins 49 & 53 will provide You same voltage as these are connected to respective pins on the other side.
Do measurement while system loads from cf card. Voltage drop should be not lower than 4.7v ideally it should be 4.95
12V is not connected to CPU and doesn't play any role on system stability...

Hi Viktor, finally I had the time to test the CPU voltage and it never go lower than 4.83V
Thanks

Ps

Viktor, you are right. 64+ Mb would be great.
Consider the ZZ9000 on my A2000. The card itself requires 4 mb of Z II fast ram. So adding 8 MB is out of the question. You can add 4.
From that, P96 eats up quite a bit depending on screen mode.

For instance, 1280x1024 8 bit (I won't mention 16 or 32 bit color) will eat up another 1.4 mb - I am stating what's it doing on my setup.
I guess it may vary by video card. Or maybe not.

Thankfully Stephen added the memory as Z3 ram. And again, you are right. It's great for whdload.

Needless to say, when any of Stephen's new cards have been tested on an A2000, I'll take one !

Payment received,
Prepare shipping,
Tracking number will be updated as soon as parcel gets sent

Can you tell me what is the availability of one of these for an A1000 + a relocator board?

Declaring interest in one TF534 with 50MHz oscillator + A500 relocator. I have cpu + fpu already. I will PM more details.

I too am interested in a card without CPU and FPU since I already have a 50MHz 030 and relevant FPU.

Declaring interest in one complete TF534 50 Mhz + A500 Relocator. If posible without CF adaport (i already have 3 of Them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom