Closed TF534 - A500 / A1000 / A2000 Accelerator by Terrible Fire aka Stephen leary

Status
Not open for further replies.
DjCook,

Will this accelerator interfere with a Buddha or RTG adapters (like the VA2000 or ZZ9000) in an Amiga 2000?

Thank-you.

DjCook,

Will this accelerator interfere with a Buddha or RTG adapters (like the VA2000 or ZZ9000) in an Amiga 2000?

Thank-you.

Hi,
Have tried to run it with RTG card and it produced some glitches - turned out my A2000 is slightly defective, Stephen and Adrian (ive built and sent same Graphic cards to them) - have no problems using it withTF534.. As about Buddha - i cant test it - don't have oone. TF534 has its own ide interface on board

Hi guys,
some of you asked about IDE extension and how it can be done since flat ribbon cable is very short on TF534...
Well, short cable is here for stability reasons, TF5xx card ide isn't buffered, if ide ribbon will be long - this will lead to read/write issues..
this leads to situation where case need to be opened each tome You want to remove or swap CF card.. Not nice at all...

To fix these issues we need two hardware parts:
instread of CF to IDE we use SD to IDE:
20190709_194607.jpg 2019-07-09 19.46.53.jpg
And to extend our IDE we take SD card extender, it is buffered and it works without issues to me..
These both parts may be found on ebay, for cheap, i paid about 6€ for SD to IDE and 1,5€ for SD extender..

Beside of that, some or You noticed that after installing muFASTROM (MMULibs)
http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/MMULib.lha
instread of IDE speed increase there was a slowdown, so it actually worked opposite..Well this is something what i can't explain atm, Sysinfo shows slow speed however ide works fast.. all i can tell -some CF Cards interfere with CF Adapter and this happens. Using SD to IDE adapter solves this strange issue and Sysinfo reports much higher IDE speed..
Please let me know about your experience..
With kind regards,

-Viktor

Last edited:
Thank you Viktor and, about Ide, is there a way to get disk activity led for A2000, other than soldering a wire to the CF to Ide adapter?

Thank you Viktor and, about Ide, is there a way to get disk activity led for A2000, other than soldering a wire to the CF to Ide adapter?

I have soldered the wire to the CF adapter, and used a resistor. It wasn't just a case of connecting a wire to the CF adapter and it works. It is easy but there is a couple of things to know. I posted a thread here:

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?106813-A2000-HDD-LED-with-compact-flash-adapter
Thank matt020, and since cftoide adapter Viktor sent me already has a led onboard, I made it in an easier way: a wire to pin 39,'and the other to the resistor in the adapter!

Sory for the late reply, but only now i had time to put my hands on the amiga.
the board arrived on monday and everything went well. I must say, what a piece of hardware this is. Everything is running good and im very happy with the result. Congrats for your effort on keeping the amiga alive :)
keep up the good work!!

Interest in one TF534 board with A1000 relocator and A500 relocator. Also can I request an A1000 relocator for the 68030TK at the same time here? Will PM.

PM sent. If I get a reply today I will pay right away otherwise Im out of town till Saturday evening and will pay then. Thanks!

Last edited:
Interest in one TF534 board Please Viktor (50MHz), and a riser adapter too. I've sent a PM...

Last edited:
Interest in one TF534 board with A1000 relocator and A500 relocator. Also can I request an A1000 relocator for the 68030TK at the same time here? Will PM.

PM sent. If I get a reply today I will pay right away otherwise Im out of town till Saturday evening and will pay then. Thanks!
Interest in one TF534 board Please Viktor (50MHz), and a riser adapter too. I've sent a PM...
Thanks for declaring interest in TF534,
will build them up and come back with payment info as soon as cards are tested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom