Closed TF534 - A500 / A1000 / A2000 Accelerator by Terrible Fire aka Stephen leary

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjCook

8 Bit Dreams
Blogger
Rating - 100%
330   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Bavaria
dear Amibayers :grouphug:
At 17 March 2017 i started to build awesome open source accelerators for Amiga computers
designed by Stephen Leary from Glasgow, Scotland - low end accelerator cards - TF530.

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.p...accelerator-card-the-TF530-(Terrible-Fire-530
this became popular very quickly
same day, two years later, we are back with the successor of them - the TF534!

2019-03-17 17.56.27.jpg
2019-03-17 18.03.37.jpg 2019-03-17 19.09.44.jpg 2019-03-17 19.03.42.jpg 2019-03-17 18.54.44.jpg

Technical information of the TF534i card:
TF534 runs on 68030 Motorola CPU & FPU (25 - 50Mhz)
SRAM 4Mb ZorroIII memory Onboard FastRAM, (ZorroII RAM friendly)
IDE interface (44Pin)
SPI port Onboard
Flash ROM Onboard (not in use currently)

This time Steve choosed other strategy, he created a team of beta testers before card was released officially – one of these betatesters was me, we did our homework well and tested TF534 on different systems (A500, A1000, A2000),
we found bugs and reported these to Steve, he reproduced and corrected them,
also we tested different Zorro II boards like Kipper2k 8Mb ram, Combitec 8Mb, HC+8MB
Theoretically it should work with other RAM cards too, however we don't own them to test..
so yeah, it wasn’t easy, and it took us a long time to finetune all these goodies to
live together in a perfect harmony,
and well.. we did it! System is working rock solid,
so with right hand on our hearts we are proud to offer them to all of You!

Technical information of the boards i sell:
CPU: 68030 33Mhz with MMU (Running at 50Mhz)
FPU: 68882 40Mhz (running on 50Mhz)
Memory: 4MB
Relocator: Yes, included, A500, A1000 or A2000
CF Card Adapter: Yes, included
Preinstalled CF Card : Not included, (may be ordered for 15€)

*You need Kickstart 2.05 and above (or any with scsi.device driver present),
to be able to use IDE boot function of the TF534!!!

DISCLAIMER! Your card will be fully tested before shipping, it will go on the way ONLY when all testes are passed, however, You need to understand, these projects are in no way a finished product that comes with a warranty. And they never will be. You have to be willing to commit to it, and do a lot of work yourselves to let these cards work as You wish.
Even if you just have a stock machine, you have to be able to maintain and repair it, or pay others to do this job for You. Otherwise stick with emulation.

So please DO NOT expect 24h support for these or any other open-source accelerators i offer to community.
I will help as much i can, but You really should ask google first or use our forum to get answers on Your questions.

Asking 160€ for TF534 only
175€ for TF534i + relocator Set

PayPal as a friend/family or add 4% to cover PayPal fees
Also IBAN payment is accepted
Postage fees are 7.00€ to any country (tracked & insured)

as always – I am responsible for the cards assembled and sold by me,
discussions are welcome in the TFxxx discussion thread here:

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?102952-TFxxx-Terrible-Fire-Hardware-developed-by-Stephen-Leary

Also some limited support may be found on the Exxos forum:
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=65&sid=c548fff66e7e0f2a7e85bf1a615d56ef

Richard42 - A500 Set - Delivered
aotta- A2000 Set - Parcel sent
JimmyH - A500 Set + CF Card- Delivered
Vaderqrt - A500 Set - Parcel sent
Junior - A500 Set + CF Card - Parcel sent
grbrady - A2000 +A500 Set + CF Card -Parcel sent
CapnChaos - A2000 Set - Parcel sent

Franktho - A2000 Set + A1000 Relocator interest withdrawn
chatopirulo - A500 Set - Payment info sent - NO ANSWER
radiokida - A500 Set - Payment info sent - interest withdrawn via PM
shaf - card only, no CPU/FPU - Payment info sent - NO ANSWER
Scaff75 - A2000 Set interest withdrawn
Technoid - A2000 Set - interest withdrawn via PM

Thanks for watching!
Sincerely Yours, - 8 Bit Dreams -

Last edited:
Interested in TF534 only (no relocator, no CF adapter)
Added to queue, will come back to You with payment info soon

- - - Updated - - -

Expressing interest. Will send a PM in a bit.
PM wasn't received, added to queue list, please specify Your model/set

- - - Updated - - -

Can this accelerator work on a CDTV as well?
Currently NOT

- - - Updated - - -

I’d like a full kit for the A500 please, PM me with your PayPal details :)
thanks for declaring Your interst, added to queue, will contact You with payment info soon

Ok guys, thanks for declaring Your interest
Will add to queue and come back to You with payment indo as soon as Your card is built and tested

In fact this board has the same specs as the 530 but with 4 megs of ram instead of 2 ?

TF534 is indeed very similar to TF530, has more ram, but most important - RAM is autoconfigured as Zorro lll - this allows to use it with othe ram cards. Also INT2 wire is not needed - this means installation s SOLDERLESS - just Plug'n'Play. Oh, and it's 4-layer now - this gives us stability

How do these differentiate from the 68030TK, which you also sell?
They seem to be equal in performance, price and compatibility (maybe with the exception of Zorro III, due to firmware bug)?

Any reason to choose one over the other?
[h=2][/h]

They seem to be equal in performance, price and compatibility (maybe with the exception of Zorro III, due to firmware bug)?

[h=2][/h]

Interesting Question?

[h=2][/h]

The TF is a much smaller card.

The TK benchmarks a little faster and has a much faster oktagon ide controller that can transfer as much as 10MB/sec. The TF emulates Gayle and will require you to map Kickstart to RAM to go as high as 3MB/sec, but more like 1.5MB/sec without.

The TF has a serial flash rom that is not currently being used, but could add additional functionality in the future.

Right EzdineG,
Beside of that TF534 has SPI port onboard, theoretically this gives us possibility to use such SPI devices like WLAN, SD Card reader or even sound cards, yet this needs special driver to be written. We hope that someone will write such drivers in near future...
May i ask please to discuss about these cards in appropriate thread? This should really be For Sale thread...

TF534 is indeed very similar to TF530, has more ram, but most important - RAM is autoconfigured as Zorro lll - this allows to use it with othe ram cards. Also INT2 wire is not needed - this means installation s SOLDERLESS - just Plug'n'Play. Oh, and it's 4-layer now - this gives us stability

Thanks, btw why only 4mb of RAM since TF for cd32 has 64 ?

I'm interested. Please add me to the queue.

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_Z00AD przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hello !

Intersted for complete set for A500 (cpu relocator and TF534 all components mounted)

have added all interested persons into gueue list (may be seen in first post)

sending out payment info to user
habib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom