rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I found two sellers on the evilbay selling full-working 68010 in DIL packages (US$12.95).

The postage cost is affordable, but the discount on bulk is awesome, so I think in share the expenses and then re-send the packages the cheapest possible way after.:)

We need an USA user to receive the chips and re-distribute. Any takers?

What can you do with these?

You can drop-in replace 68000s in A500/A1000/A2000/CDTV systems.

The 68010 is slightly faster and has a couple of extra features (most notably the one that makes the WHDLoad quit key work)

Some software that claims to require 68020+ will actually work on a 68010 also.

I found two sellers on the evilbay selling full-working 68010 in DIL packages (US$12.95).

I am up for this, but who do we send the money to? Also (speaking from the UK) I guess we would need someone here to receive them too and then distribute them again. I would just need one.

The 68010 is slightly faster and has a couple of extra features (most notably the one that makes the WHDLoad quit key work)

No A600 or A500+ ? And don't you also need to change the crystal?

put me down for one... or two... hang on let me check.

@highlandcattle

the A600 uses a 68pin PLCC version of the 64PIN DIP 68000 - thus it is not physically compatible.

the DIP based 680xx is compatible with the A500 / A500+, the A1000 and A2000 Amiga's

the chip is a drop - in replacement and doens't require any clocks, crystals or oscilators to be changed.

Those 68010 are normal ones, or the ceramic-gold version?

No A600 or A500+ ? And don't you also need to change the crystal?

Yes to A500+, no to A600 (it uses a different package). No changes of crystal, you just clock it at the same speed as the 68000 that you extract.

like the 68000 the 68010 comes in either ceramic or plastic packages, the ones rkauer found are in the plastic package.

I found a couple times that when asking vendors what there best deal is on a big enough order (over 10+ units) will likely come down on price. - never hurts to ask eh?

like the 68000 the 68010 comes in either ceramic or plastic packages, the ones rkauer found are in the plastic package.

I found a couple times that when asking vendors what there best deal is on a big enough order (over 10+ units) will likely come down on price. - never hurts to ask eh?

Does the package make a difference? Apart from that the ceramic ones look cooler! :cool:

@Andy

nope, both plastic and ceramic are pin for pin physically and electrically compatible

and yes... the ceramic looks awesome - I have one here, along with a ceramic denise and paula... in thier royal purple and gold trimmings.... deliciously looking chippies.

I would be interested in one too, but how much is it with reshipping to France?

I would be interested in one too, but how much is it with reshipping to France?

I reckon the best way that this is gonna work is if someone in the US bulk-buys 'em for epic-cheap discounts, then ships out any to US residents who want them, and dispatches all the European ones to someone in the EU (probably in the UK) to send on from there.

Count me in, please. I'm interested in one or two, depending on the total price including shipping costs to Finland (which shouldn't be so bad since the chips don't weigh much).

@Andy / Phantom

behold the beauty of the Ceramic 68010 Moto -

(click image for excessive zoom in)

here is the common plastic varient
L_Motorola-MC68010P10.jpg

Heres a little family of ceramics
MC68010.JPG

Heres is the iconic Intel 40004

Incase anyone is still wondering - yes I do collect Amiga Based and early intel based ceramic CPU's - have quite a collection growing... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom