AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Country
France
Region
Centre
Hi

i've these machines for sale, w/o cable/mouse.

SOLD to mura27ok

1x clean Atari 1040 STE fitted with 1 Mb EDO RAM : € 150 +pp
1.62 FR TOS, azerty keyboard
FDD tested OK
almost no yellowing

upSRoYH.jpg
IbLQ2zb.jpg
rG6p65d.jpg

UKCZ3wK.jpg

worldwide shipping.
Postage is around 20 EUR withing western europe
Any questions, please ask !

SOLD to philip930

1 x Atari 520 STE fitted with 512kB EDO RAM : € 130 +pp
1.62 FR TOS, azerty keyboard
FDD tested OK
case & keyboard have quite visible yellowing

pEWrTRz.jpg

Rl3gWUc.jpg

6auhCRK.jpg

bXW5tEK.jpg

worldwide shipping.
Postage is around 20 EUR withing western europe
Any questions, please ask !

Also for sale elsewhere

paypal as gift prefered or buyer pays fees
bank transfer also accepted

Last edited:
allright, PM sent.

Cool thanks, please send me your PP account

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edit : payment received, thanks!
will ship before the end of the week.

edit : parcel shipped and tracking info sent via PM

Last edited:
Interested in the remaining STE. Please tell me the shipping cost to St. Petersburg, Russia. Thanks.

Interested in the remaining STE. Please tell me the shipping cost to St. Petersburg, Russia. Thanks.

Hi
thanks for your interest
sending PM

edit : payment received from philip930, 520 STE is now sold

Last edited:
Received the computer, unfortunately it show me bombs at first boot up, then it worked for few minutes, after that black screen, I tried reset the memory, chips, power supply sows correct voltages, I guess something got damaged on traveling? I purchased a working unit, I got a failing unit...don’t know what else to do..please help

Hi
first of all i'm sorry about the troubles you have with the machine you received.
i've been selling a few ataris here for about 2yrs with the same test/verification method : using the handful tool pictured below which basically tests all hardware parts in STF(M)/STE/megaSTE models.
i always run a machine for hours before putting it for sale to avoid bad surprises.

Unfortunately, there's a chance of break down at any time on our beloved machines due their age, though ataris are rather reliable & resistant.

that said, i would be glad to help identifying and solving the problem if possible : you told me about corrosion under the TOS chips via PM, can you please post pictures of the area here or via PM ?
as black screen can be caused by many different problems, i would start testing the motherboard with another PSU if possible. Another component to test is the GLUE chip as the motherboard will not boot with a dead GLUE.

7c8roGTl.jpg

I9OCGORl.jpg[B]

Received the computer, unfortunately it show me bombs at first boot up, then it worked for few minutes, after that black screen, I tried reset the memory, chips, power supply sows correct voltages, I guess something got damaged on traveling? I purchased a working unit, I got a failing unit...don’t know what else to do..please help

ok, here is my results:
20 bombs at start up. if i press reset, 20 bombs again.
I tried 3 different power supplies with same results.

so now you get white screen with 20 bombs right ?
i would try removing bank 2 & 4 , to see if you get same result. you can try to improve electrical contact with a bomb as well as resitting all chips.
then i would try swapping the tos with another.

ok, here is my results:
20 bombs at start up. if i press reset, 20 bombs again.
I tried 3 different power supplies with same results.

i bring the computer in for repair, they replaced the TOS chips for 2.06(they found corrosion under LO TOS chip) and replaced faulty shifter socket, power supply was fine, so the charge was 50 euro, you can refund that money to my account thanks

i bring the computer in for repair, they replaced the TOS chips for 2.06(they found corrosion under LO TOS chip) and replaced faulty shifter socket, power supply was fine, so the charge was 50 euro, you can refund that money to my account thanks

Hi
happy to hear you solved the problem.
i don't agree with the method though.

1/ why should i pay for a 2.06 TOS that wasn't included in the sale , when provided TOS was not proved to be faulty ?

2/ i'm sorry about possible socket connection problems, but why didn't you provide any picture of the area while i was asking for at the very beginning of the discussion ? how can we know now if the low-tos socket had to be changed or not ? should i trust you on your word with low-positive feedback ?

3/ why did you pay for repair and upgrade job before getting in touch ?

@mods : any advice on what should we do ?

Hi @MOD , I Received the computer, unfortunately it show me bombs at first boot up, then it worked for few minutes, after that black screen, I tried reset the memory, chips, power supply sows correct voltages, I guess something got damaged on traveling? I purchased a working unit, I got a failing unit...don’t know what else to do..please help.

That was the first message i send the seller, he just told me to reset parts/chips/power supply ... i did all that with no luck, i took the metal cover off and i found some corrosion under one of the eproms chips like battery leak type of. i cleaned that up but all the computer shows at that moment was 20 bombs, reset-20 bombs cycle. seller ask me to replace TOS with another machine which i really dont have an extra 1040STE computer at the moment, but he never offer me a solution to this problem that cost me at the moment $250 euro, so i decide to get a real tech who diagnose and fix the problem for me replacing the shifter chip socket and TOS chips, now the seller is blaming me for no asking him about my intentions to bring the computer in for repair...i guess he just dont care me ending up with a Paperweight machine sitting on my desk, Technician charge me 50 euro for the repairs which is reasonable for a 2 hours work plus parts i guess, but im the one to blame for receiving an OK working condition as the listing says in not working condition .payment was done with PP Friend/F so i cannot open a claim, i never tough i would need to because i trusted this seller , i have purchased many items here in the past with no issues.
Let me know if there is any way to fix this issue or if not i guess i will understand i have to careful in choosing sellers in the future, thank you

sellers's side please :

what evidence do i have that this story is true ?
buyer never sent me any pic of the pretended faulty area , neither did he show any payment evidence for the repairs he ordered on his own.
is the original tos faulty ? buyer decided to have it changed without testing it.
did he asked me if i would refund him for a tos replacement ? nope

come on mura27k, this is non-sense , i've a 170 positive feedback here and i DO care about amibayers , but you got your own way
if you weren't happy with your purchase , you should have asked me for a refund before ordering any repairs and upgrades.

Hi @MOD , I Received the computer, unfortunately it show me bombs at first boot up, then it worked for few minutes, after that black screen, I tried reset the memory, chips, power supply sows correct voltages, I guess something got damaged on traveling? I purchased a working unit, I got a failing unit...don’t know what else to do..please help.

That was the first message i send the seller, he just told me to reset parts/chips/power supply ... i did all that with no luck, i took the metal cover off and i found some corrosion under one of the eproms chips like battery leak type of. i cleaned that up but all the computer shows at that moment was 20 bombs, reset-20 bombs cycle. seller ask me to replace TOS with another machine which i really dont have an extra 1040STE computer at the moment, but he never offer me a solution to this problem that cost me at the moment $250 euro, so i decide to get a real tech who diagnose and fix the problem for me replacing the shifter chip socket and TOS chips, now the seller is blaming me for no asking him about my intentions to bring the computer in for repair...i guess he just dont care me ending up with a Paperweight machine sitting on my desk, Technician charge me 50 euro for the repairs which is reasonable for a 2 hours work plus parts i guess, but im the one to blame for receiving an OK working condition as the listing says in not working condition .payment was done with PP Friend/F so i cannot open a claim, i never tough i would need to because i trusted this seller , i have purchased many items here in the past with no issues.
Let me know if there is any way to fix this issue or if not i guess i will understand i have to careful in choosing sellers in the future, thank you

I've closed this thread for now and also removed the feedback.

I'm about to go to bed but will seek further information from the seller and buyer tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom