Something is about to happen...

Wish me luck!

Good luck, but if you have NOT removed a 206pin PGA CPU from a board before I HIGHLY recommend to practice first with defunct boards (say some old 486 system or such) until you are comfortable with this kind of rework, because safe and clean CPU removal is one of the most difficult tasks with PCB rework. Without experience (and of course correct tools) the chance of damaging your valuable card will be quite high. And after this kind of damage the card is almost impossible to restore to original state. In short if you are unsure the slightest you can do this task then don't - the learning experience is not worth the value of your card.

Last edited:
"
Good luck, but if you have NOT removed a 206pin PGA CPU from a board before I HIGHLY recommend to practice first with defunct boards (say some old 486 system or such) until you are comfortable with this kind of rework, because safe and clean CPU removal is one of the most difficult tasks with PCB rework. Without experience (and of course correct tools) the chance of damaging your valuable card will be quite high
"
Well said.
Don't do that without practise.
You will kill the BPPC.

These two guys REALLY know what they are talking about. Take their advice and let a pro do it.
Unless you are one of course, then all the best to you.

Last edited:
Tough crowd, shot down in flames before work even begun :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom