For Sale NEW MEGACHIP PLCC version for A500/2000/CDTV!

@hlide: thanks.

@Sim085: after I’ve read the whole thread I think so... hope Tuxbar81 can confirm and let us know the availability... :p

Just keep in mind that we haven't heard from the seller for over a month now.

What about 512KByte on the motherboard, 512KBytes on trapdoor expansion and 1 MByte on this megachip? Do you know if this setup would give you 2MBytes ChipRAM?
Well it depends upon what kind of 512KBytes on trapdoor expansion is. It looks the standard ones are just slow RAM (not a true chip RAM). I used a Boobip 2MB RAM expansion on a A500 REV6A with all the necessary mod so 1MB of the boobip was used as true chip RAM, while the rest (1MB) plus the internal 512KB turned into 1.5MB slow RAM (in total I had 2.5MB but only 1MB in true chip RAM instead of the original 512KB RAM). There is probably a chance it may work but I cannot tell 100%.

Last edited:
Does this work on An A500 NTSC Rev5 MB? Still need to cut traces on the MB? And any idea where to find the Agnus for it (vesalia seems to be out...) VERY interested in this, but need to know if it'll work and where I can get the chip...

Hi everybody,

Sorry, since the end of the summer holidays, I had a lot of work ans some mechanical issues with my muscle car...

So, yes, the plcc Megachip project is still alive. I "just" have to update the table and to solder the pcbs.

Kind regards,
Franck

- - - Updated - - -

Item received. Feedback left.

Thanks again

J

How??

You're not mentioned on the table of waiting people in the first post??

i think he replied in the wrong thread as he is on the list for this one:

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.p...-Amiga-500-2000-CDTV-30%80&highlight=megachip

Yes, you're right Vypr! Thanks a lot for having clarify!

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update - I no longer need one! I bought one of the ones from your earlier batch from another forum member (white PCB) - great job btw, works fine =D

Happy to hear that you're satisfied with your Megachip! :)
Thanks a lot for your comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Noobie question but does that immediately adds the necessary RAM to offer 2Mb chip or do we need a trapdoor memory board installed too?
If it is straight forward I’m definitely interested in one, possibly 2 as I have an Amiga 2000 and an Amiga 500 in need of more memory..,

Hi my friend,

I hope that everything is getting good for you!

I'm sorry since I want to send you an email since a lot time. But a lot of unforeseen events have occurred...
I have said to our common firend (Seb for Germany) that I want to send you a mail, but voilà... time is running!

For information, to obtain 2MB, you need to have 1MB onto the motherboard OR 512KB onto the motherboard and a 512KB expansion board.

Best regards,
Franck.

- - - Updated - - -

What about 512KByte on the motherboard, 512KBytes on trapdoor expansion and 1 MByte on this megachip? Do you know if this setup would give you 2MBytes ChipRAM?

It contains two 512K x 8-bit DRAM chip, so it means 1 MBytes onboard. So to get 2 MB, you also need 1MByte on your motherboard. Supposedly your Amiga is A500 rev6.2 with only 512KByte, you need to install another 512KByte on the 4 left empty DRAM slots.

Hi, please take a look above! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Now, I take a look at all posts to udpate the table and I begin to work. :)

Merci Franck.
Glad to see you back on this thread.
Confirming interest for ONE unit assembled.
Will send email as it seems that my PM box is full... really something I hate with Amibay!

Avec plaisir Seb!
Added into the table for one Megachip. :)
I have the same problem with my PM box! Really annoying...

Hello! Are there any updates on progress?
Thank you
Regards,
Matt

I have my CDTV permanently switched on the board to PAL. Can I still use the NTSC switch in WHDload with this installed to run NTSC software?

CDTV enthusiast

Back
Top Bottom