whistling-ge

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Genova
Hi!

I'm after an A1200 motherboard, I need it to be compatible with my Blizzard PPC 603e and BVision PPC.
Maybe even with Mediator, some day.

That is why I want a revision 1D1, 1D4 or 2B.

Recapped is a plus.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Mods, please change the header... "A1200 Motherboard for Blizzard PPC" <Done>
Thanks

Last edited:
All A1200 MB's are compatible with that combination. I've got 1b and it works without problems. If you intend to go for a mediator (which is way better, given the fact that there are way better PPC processor cards) you won't need a BVision anymore because ATI cards are more performant and very cheap.

Good luck!

All A1200 MB's are compatible with that combination. I've got 1b and it works without problems. If you intend to go for a mediator (which is way better, given the fact that there are way better PPC processor cards) you won't need a BVision anymore because ATI cards are more performant and very cheap.

Good luck!
Thanks for your contribution!

Unfortunately the thing is as follows: I tried the BPPC on two 1B's, but the system just goes black on boot and hangs, even if I keep pressing 2 and reboot. No signs of life.
I tried the card on a friend's 1D4, the system boots straight away and runs like a charm.
All things being equal. 3.1 ROM, ATX modded PSU (10A on 5V), CF card with 3.9 as per chucky's instructions. Clean connectors.

I googled and read that this behaviour may depend on the MB revision, on some capacitors for timing issues, but also on some chips (Paula?).
So, if I find a MB that's proven to work, it'd save me a lot of time... :)

Last edited:
Hi

I have a rev 1D1 and 1D4 avilable I recap them using panasonic caps or can can install polymer caps if needed (extra). PM me if your interested I'm also in the UK.

Found, thanks @retroheaven87.
Great experience overall.
Positive feedback left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom