Not open for further replies.

SukkoPera

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Turin
Up for sale is OpenAmiga600RamExpansion, my interpretation of a 1 MB Chip RAM Expansion for the Commodore Amiga 600 with optional Real Time Clock. This will bring your A600 to a total of 2 MB of chip RAM (which is the maximum supported).

It's my own design, please refer to https://github.com/SukkoPera/OpenAmiga600RamExpansion for more information. It has seen quite a bit of testing and always performed very well, even on Vampire 600 systems. It is also sold by a few well-known Amiga online shops.

It uses inexpensive SOJ-40 DRAM chips, which can be easily found on eBay or AliExpress. See the project page for a compatibility list.

2019-04-12T16 43 19.084Z-FullSizeRender.jpg2019-04-12T16 43 19.084Z-IMG_2818.jpg2019-04-12T16 43 19.084Z-IMG_2860.jpg

What I'm selling here is either the bare PCB or a kit including the PCB and all the needed components.

Bare PCB (You provide all components): 4€ 3€
Base Component Kit (Includes trapdoor connector and caps): +4€
Led Kit (Adds a power led, not that useful, choose among red, green, yellow, blue, white or orange): +0,50€
RTC Kit (Includes everything to make the RTC work EXCEPT CR2032 battery): +4€
Couple of tested RAM chips: +7€ +6€ OUT OF STOCK

The Base Component Kit includes:
- 1xTrapdoor Connector
- 6x100nF 0805 Capacitor

The Led Kit includes:
- 1x0805 Led
- 1x0805 Resistor

The RTC Kit includes:
- 1xRTC62421 Chip
- 1x18-pin Socket
- 3x10K 0805 Resistor
- 2x220 0805 Resistor
- 1xBAT54C Diode
- 1x100nF 0805 Capacitor
- 1x10uF 1206 Capacitor
- 1xCR2032 Holder

RTC chips are second hand "pulls" but are tested individually before shipping, so you are guaranteed to get a 100% working kit.

Note that the final, soldered, ready-to-use product is NOT on sale. The kit requires that you do the soldering and is not suitable for the faint-hearted, since it requires soldering some surface-mount components in the 0805 and SOJ-40 packages.

Payment methods accepted:
PayPal Family & Friends (or add commissions), Bank Transfer, Satispay (for Italian buyers)

Shipping methods:
Items will ship worldwide from Italy. Two methods are available:

1. Best-effort tracking: This is the cheapest method and, depending on where you live, you might get some tracking information or not. If you choose this method, the shipment will be entirely at your risk, if the parcel gets lost you will get NO REFUND. This being said, in almost 2 years only a single parcel was lost. The shipping cost of a single kit is 4€ to Europe, 5€ to the US and 6€ to Africa, Asia and Australia.

2. Tracked & signed for: More expensive but fully trackable and refundable. The shipping cost of a single kit is 10€ to Europe, 11.50€ to the US and 12.50€ to Africa, Asia and Australia.

Always ask for exact quote.

Also note that usually I only have time to prepare parcels in the weekends, so I usually only ship on Mondays.

Item is also on sale elsewhere.

Feel free to ask any questions.

My Sales:

Last edited:
Very nice, like all your projects. A question unrelated to your sale. Is it possible to make a hybrid RAM expansion, so that you could change between additional CHIP or (slow) FAST RAM? The latter would be helpful for compatibility with older software, and you would not require the 2nd expansion board (on CPU) for that.

God job!

Sorry, missed your question.

I'm not sure if that can be done with the trapdoor expansion, I'm not sure all the needed signals are available. But surely it can be done with expansions that plug directly on the CPU.

What's the price of a full kit delivered to the UK? Reading it on tapatalk and the formatting is out so a hard read can't work it out properly. I make it about 20 euros ?

Thanks
Ted

A full kit (except power led and RTC) shipped to the UK is 14 + 4€ = 18€. Add 3€ for RTC.

That's pretty much the same for the whole Europe, by the way.

Last edited:
That's great, pm me your details and I'll have a full kit please.
Thanks

Interested in :

Bare PCB (You provide all components): 4€ 3€

and

Base Component Kit (Includes trapdoor connector and caps): +4€

Interested in full kit (including RTC) delivered to Australia, just need a costing? pm sent

Both PMs replied to.

This weekend I'll pack the outstanding orders, they'll be shipped on Monday. Sorry for the slight delay but I've been working on a new project I'll soon announce.

Payment received from keropi. Agreed to reserve one kit for Dano for a few days.

3 full kits remaining.

Packages for JLPedro and keropi shipped this morning, tracking info sent via PM.

Package for bigted1977 is temporarily withheld pending a clarification on his address, sent PM yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom