AA3000+ Amiga 3000 AGA motherboard

I will provide the firmware for the Prometheus chips. The Prometheus drivers can be downloaded from here: https://warpclassic68k.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

The Prometheus chips can be programmed with Quartus II Web Edition 13 software and Altera USB Blaster device. The Quartus II can be downloaded freely from the Internet and the Altera USB Blaster purchased from eBay.

OK, thanks! That's the same setup I use for my Vampire(s), correct? So there's one or multiple jtags on the daughterboard to connect to for programming?

BTW for those who struggle with the PCB Explorer like I did. Most browsers block running local javascript files.

Last edited:
There is one JTAG connector on the daughterboard (to rule them all). Quartus II automatically detects both Altera chips on the chain and you can program them in one go.

Some browsers do block local javascripts but that's the best I can offer without setting up a web server somewhere on the internet.

I was also looking at the explorer... Just saw this thread.

I just downloaded an old Firefox (60.9.0) and it's working fine with it, at least on my Mac.

Last edited:
Likewise. That’s what I plan to use.

i have dmac 02 and Ramsey 7 in my 3000 and have experienced no problems.

The dmac needs to be forgiving not the board��

Have a few space dmac 02s just in case.

Can somebody advise me a trustworthy shop/seller for the 2 Altera EPM7128SQC160-15. Prices vary so much?

And I assume there is still no software devloped/found to make use of the DSP, is there?

Last edited:
When it comes to sourcing obsolete components there really are no 100% trustworthy sources. EBay, AliExpress, etc you just put forth some effort to research seller reviews and hope for the best.

As for the DSP, no-nothing for the Amiga has been developed for that as far as I know. Apple used the same DSP in some (all?) of their 040 Mac Quadras, and in fact I’ll be using a DSP from a Quadra parts donor board.

Cheers

Can somebody advise me a trustworthy shop/seller for the 2 Altera EPM7128SQC160-15. Prices vary so much?

And I assume there is still no software devloped/found to make use of the DSP, is there?

- - - Updated - - -

Have a few space dmac 02s just in case.

Me too, I hoard custom chips for spares or occasions such as this build. In fact I’ve got a spare DMAC-04 I intend to use since I doubt there’s anything more deserving than a new AA3000+. I’m even having my spare A3000 chassis and power supply powder coated to give it that ultra-fanatic edge.

I’m hoping the guys on A1K forum manage to get some stuff sorted for the DSP

Hi Trixter,

That would be great! I don't have high expectations for that to work, but I'm installing a dsp on mine anyways. This is a dream come true for me, Hese did an incredible feet.

Yeah, a DSP is going on mine too. Fingers crossed. Even if we just get a plug-in to use it to decode mp3s in something like amigaamp, I’ll be happy

Last edited:
Yeah, a DSP is going on mine too. Fingers crossed. Even if we just get a plug-in to use it to decode mp3s in something like amigaamp, I’ll be happy
Just for info: I've got 10 DSPs to spare. Will open up a sales thread on Monday.

Are there any docs for how the DSP integrated into the Amiga system? I've heard the programming tools for the DSP are naff so it's going to be uphill to get it to do anything.

Well, let's say the documentation on the DSP is relatively sparse despite it being used not only in different Mac models but also in a lot of telecom equipment.

I guess a good starting point would be to look at what was done on the different Quadra models to get the chip going.

For me, at the moment, it's merely a matter of having a complete AA3000+ board with all its specialties. Therefore I consider it a must to populate the DSP on mine.

Matt3k: I recommended 04, 07 combination, especially if you want to use the new black 3640 ;-)
A.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom