itsonlyleggy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hi guys

So I've got a fully populated TF328 with Adapter + CF Card + Riser and all works great. CF Card has Classic workbench and a LOT of bells and whistles, but it was all set up for me and I was looking for something a little different!

I want my CD32 to be a true console experience. No mouse or keyboard unless absolutely necessary. I've seen Tiny Launcher online and figure that's probably the best route to take, just turn on console, boot into tiny and select game.

This may cut me off from mouse-based games like Cannon Fodder, Theme Park etc.... but I have another miggy set up elsewhere to play those classics when I feel like it. (Also, top titles like these usually had their own CD32 release and can be controlled using Joypad)

I've read that you can configure tiny to exit to browser using a button on gamepad... another tick in the box!

So you see I've done a lot of research. I bought a blank CF card and was going to try making this myself, however learning all about Whdload, installing tiny, configuring all this to work just how i want it to.... its becoming a bit daunting and i reckon it'd take me months of trial and error.

Is there an experienced Amiga head willing to put this together for me? Is it even possible?

I can post you my blank CF or you simply make me one up and I'll buy that. I was going to leave the working CF as-is but using that would be an option too.

Appreciate any help given! Thanks :)

Last edited:
Hi,
what size is your CF-card?
I don't have Tinylauncher installed but I should probably test setting it up, looking it up it has most of the features I was planning to implement on my own little CD32 launcher :) Might still go ahead with it since it should be really straight forward to code.

It's getting closer with whdload. Titles are being updated fairly regularly to add more joypad controls. Desert strike is a recent example!
The newer versions of whdload also support quitting games with a pad combination, which saves having to use a keyboard to do this.

If you get stuck I can put an image on one of your CF cards, the one I have is for 8Gb.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies! My totally blank CF card is 16gb. I think having RetroHeaven take a look would be best as they're in the same country as me and It'll reduce postage/wait time. Although I can't wait to see what NoPyro comes up with for a launcher!

Hope this is okay, and I'll drop retro a pm. Thanks again!

Same question here. Just got my TF330 from Supaduper, so it works great. I have a SD to CF adapter on it's way. And I want to do the same as itsonlyleggy. I've tried some of these guide but just getting tiny launcher installed did work. Any help or pre-made image I can use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom