piosone

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Czech Republic
Hi,
I have for sale 6 modified PC floppy drives. Tested with different demos, nonDOS games, Workbench copy/write files. All drives are working flawless.

1. ALPS DF354 (white front)
2. Sony MPF920 (black front) (sold to studio460)
3. Samsung SFD-321B
(black front) (sold to Rontti)
4. Samsung SFD-321B
(black front) (sold to alan.turner)
5. Samsung SFD-321B
(black front)
6. Samsung SFD-321B
(black front)

Im asking for 23€ (included worldwide shipping without tracknumber) + paypal fee (if not send money as gift)

IMG_0480.jpg

Last edited:
Interested in the Sony, pending it has been modified for 1.78MB.

As it is 880KB, I'm no longer interested

Last edited:
Interested in Sony MPF920 (black front) if format, plug, and power Am​iga-compatible 880K (i.e., is it plug-and-play?). How is the fitting in an A1200 case? I'm in the U.S.

Last edited:
Hi,

if we remove the front case and purchase a 3d printed button will they fit in a normal 600/1200 case ?

Thanks Roger

Hello, would it be possible to see how you've modified the ALPS DF354?
Have you tried it as DF0: with another disk plugged as DF1: or as DF1: with another disk as DF2: ?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I suppose that's not a sale thread, but a general query instead?

jurassicman ALPS drive is reserved for generac. But he is not answering my PMs so maybe I will wait for few days and then it will be free. I modifyied drive to DF0: according to instructions on the Internet. And I try it in my A1200 alone becouse I havent external floppy drive.

Interested in one Samsung SFD-321B

Sending PM

-Rontti

EDIT: packet received and floppy drive tested working. Thx! :)

Last edited:
None of the ones i converted worked together with another drive.
Samsung, mitsumi amd sony.
And i never found other people showing their drives did. ;-)
But for single drives they work flawlessly.

J.T.Kirk said:
You should put your questions in AmiOracle instead here: https://www.amibay.com/forumdisplay.php?82-AmiOracle. That way this thread will be open for others to see in the future as well.
He's right to ask here, it's about one of the drives being sold so any legitimate doubt-raising queries are considered to help the thread.
There are a thousand and one 'amiga mods' out there for floppy drives, not all of which work properly.
The/an ALPS drive mod especially is known to kill DF1: albeit working flawlessly in DF0: -only setups.
jurassicman apparently is aware of that issue and hinted at it

kaneelschep said:
None of the ones i converted worked together with another drive.Samsung, mitsumi amd sony.
And i never found other people showing their drives did.
But for single drives they work flawlessly.

Not quite true, depends on how the mod is done.
E.g. an easy (but wrong) way to bring the drive back to DS0 is by shorting DS1 and DS0 pins on the drive connector with a solder blob.
This will obviously make the drive "listen" to SEL0 requests but will at the same time relay them to SEL1 thus rendering the external drive useless.

Mitsumi drives (359 model?) are especially prone to this as they're typically badly designed and don't offer a "clean" way to set them to DS0, IIRC. This makes the blob trick tempting, but then the SEL1 line must be cut off on the cable to avoid the signal relay.

Samsung, Sony, TEAC proper mods work fine, speaking from personal experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom