Sold Amiga 1200 Blizzard PPC 603e+ SCSI / PPC @ 240Mhz / 68060 @ 50Mhz with 64MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iain

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
Ireland
Region
Co. Cavan
This top of the line board comes with 64MB of RAM and the SCSI lead, complete with backing plate.

Blizzard-603e-Top.jpgBlizzard-603e-Bottom.jpg

Please Note:

• I can not test the SCSI functionality and the only PPC test was with the PPC Test Disk, therefore the card is being sold as is and is not returnable / refundable.
  • You need to have good experience to use this card. It needs a good power supply (The A1200 it came with was using an A500 power supply). You may need another fan (again the A1200 it came with had a fan off the floppy power supply blowing extra air over the card). Advanced experience is probably also needed to utilise the PPC CPU and associated OS installs.
  • The PPC test passed but the WarpOS test failed with a terminate dialogue and after the button was clicked, a guru. See attached screenshots. This may be just a setting. I don't know.
  • This card will not work with every standard A1200. When running on the A1200 I got it with, it crashed randomly after a few minutes. It was only when I tried it with another A1200 I have, that it ran fine. It ran for over an hour with no crashes at all on this second machine, I also tested it for 30 minutes and 60 minutes on two other occasions, also with no crashes. I believe removing some capacitors from the motherboard of problem A1200s fixes this problem.

The price is €860 €920 €980 + P&P + PayPal Fees (or send as gift). I will also accept a straight bank transfer with SEPA / IBAN.

P&P is going to be substantial. I spent an hour or two researching options and to insure the package to a €1000 value means using a courier. The cheapest I could find (that wasn't just a couple of guys with vans or something!) was UPS where the cost of tracked and insured to the UK was around €40 and Germany around €50 (just as two examples). I would imagine posting with insurance outside of the EU will be a good bit more expensive.

I realise this is the first thing I have tried to sell on Amibay and I have only bought one item before a number of years ago, so I don't have much of a reputation here so I will mention that I am the webmaster of zzap64.co.uk, a retro website for the magazine that has been around since 1997.

See the following link for confirmation and all the photos (4 more than in this message) displayed on a single page: http://www.zzap64.co.uk/amibay/

See attached photos for spec details etc. I put a photo of the Boozoholics demo there because I thought it was an AGA 060 demo. However I discovered afterwards that it also works on my 030 card.... so I guess not 060 only even although that is what the readme says! Weird demo as well, but it has grown on me as I used it a good bit to stress test the 060.

WhichAmiga-Screen.jpgPowerUP-Test.jpgWarpOS-Test-Warn.jpgWarpOS-Test-Guru.jpgSysinfo-Speedtest-Ports-Screen.jpgBoard-Mem-Info.jpgBoard-SCSI-Info.jpgBoozoholics-Demo.jpg

Any questions, just ask.

Last edited:
I'll be away next week and will only have intermittent internet access, so expect delays in replying etc. After that, if anybody wants me to perform specific other tests (where possible), I will.

I saw you posted that request in another thread, so I had actually bookmarked the page for when I get back, but sorry, I don't have time to do it now before going away so it'll be a bit over a week before I get back to you on that.

Ran the program and the output is:

"
Blizzard PPC Version 0
This blizzard has version 0 which may cause hw problems with the BVisionPPC
"

Sold to indigolemon and payment has been received.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't figure out how to change the green "For Sale" text of the thread to "Sold". Any advice gracefully received! :)

My Rev 0 runs fine with a BVision - it had two pins shorted on the mini-PCI connector from factory though, which prevented it from working initially. Stachu100 soon sorted that though!
Ran the program and the output is:
"Blizzard PPC Version 0
This blizzard has version 0 which may cause hw problems with the BVisionPPC
"

Last edited:
A few hours too late Cozzer79. indigolemon, fancy paying another €100? ;-)

Good to have the info out there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom