Bizarre issue with CM8833MK2.

drojman

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
South West
I have a very weird issue with a second MK2 I picked up today.

It's accepting a video input through the RGB socket, but it's like the monitor is seeing it as a composite signal. I can adjust the saturation etc, which usually when it's correctly in RGB mode it doesn't do that, and I know know RGB vs composite signal on this monitor looks like and it just looks like composite.

I have used the exact same cables etc with another monitor of the same model.

Something to note is that the RGB port has had traces repaired (correctly), but I'm wondering if other work has been done to somehow stop the monitor switching to RGB. No matter what I press with regards to analog etc on the back I either get a black screen, or just composite.

Weird I know, but any help would be great.

I've found a snapped or maybe deliberately disconnected resistor near the IC chip which controls the circuit switching. Just going to try switching it out, but it does make me wonder if it's been done deliberately. Maybe the chip is faulty.

Just a happy update really. Fixed the resistor and got my nice RGB picture back! So no problem with the IC chip. I will update tomorrow with the proper resistor number for the sake of documenting it, but I can't see it's an issue anyone will ever have outside of dropping the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom