A600 Vampire 2, boot from micro sd ?

Mr.Bits45

Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
Hi,

I have purchased a Vampire 2 rev.2.2 with core 2.11 and a micro sd card with coffin r0.54 and lots of goodies.
I just want to know if the system actually boots from this card or do I need to do some things with the CF DH0: on the amiga's IDE ?
Is it as simple as just inserting the micro SD card and booting from it.
Please let me know .

Thanks

Last edited:
It cannot boot from SD since the kickstart does not have a driver for it so you need to boot from the A600 IDE connector. If you want, then you can load the SD driver continue booting from the SD but I suggest you just use the IDE port for the entire system and then use the SD slot for bulk storage / backup (it could be FAT formatted to make it easier to transfer to PC).

Thanks,

So what about the Micro SD cards with coffin on them on ebay, aren't they bootable ?
I emailed the seller and he said it boots from their sd card.

Thanks,

So what about the Micro SD cards with coffin on them on ebay, aren't they bootable ?
I emailed the seller and he said it boots from their sd card.

I don't know about those ebay SD cards, but it is probably just the standard coffin image written to an SD card. Yes, they are bootable but only if you use an IDE-SD adapter on the A600 IDE connector, not if you put it on the Vampire SD card slot.

Just get one of those:
kebidu-SD-to-IDE-2-5-44-Pin-Adapter-SDHC-SDXC-MMC-to-IDE-2-5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.

But the A600's IDE is so slow, does it speed up much with the vampire card ?

Unfortunately not. I have a Vampire in both my A600 and A500 and the IDE speed is why I prefer the A500 version since the IDE controller on the V500 is about 3x faster than the A600 IDE.

Thanks

I also want to try installing OS 3.9 and was wondering if there is a driver for High color through a Indivision ECS v1 or am I stuck with the 32 colors ?
Or, can I use the HDMI with OS 3.9 ?

Nevermind, found the driver I need.

Back to the booting, I need to prepare a CF card for the IDE to boot from with the SD drivers.
Im hoping I can boot from that and redirect to the on board SD slot and continue loading coffin.

Ill do some homework :)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom