A1200

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Hi all,

Some months ago my SMD rework station went kaput. So I haven't done any of my own recapping since. However I decided to take on an A600 recap with a single soldering iron with a crappy tip. Long story short, plenty of broken pads so I am either going to get a ready recapped board for this latest project or get the right tools and get back on the recapping train.

The board was in nice condition, except weirdly the expansion bus had some corrosion on it. I got it off but then tracks started lifting, I started getting carried away with tinning. All in all a mess - the expansion port is likely beyond repair to all but the top notch repairers.

I don't have the patience to do the board repairs so happy to ship it to someone who can use the chips or bring it back from the dead etc. It was working before so all chips should be good. Its a rev 2D motherboard but I have removed the ROM because it was a 37.350 and I can use that for the next project.

Whoever shouts they want it first, I will ship it to them, free post as a gift to the community.

Thanks for listening!

Mike

After some problems with the tracking, the board has finally and happily arrived.

My deepest and most sincere gratitude for the board, Mike. Again, thank you very much.

EDIT: Sorry, yesterday I forgot. Positive feedback sent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom