anemo

Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Stockholm
LumaFix64 Jr

The LumaFix64 Jr (Junior) is a low profile and compact version of LumaFix*. The concept and name are used with permission from e5frog.

This version adds only about 4mm height (socket to socket) and makes more room for a heatsink (which is a tight fit in the C64C).
Each unit is assembled by hand and features high quality Bourns potentiometers.

Please note that it does NOT have the Chroma adjust due to design limitations. Most S-video cables have this (~300 ohm inline resistor for chroma signal) already though.

*LumaFix removes/reduces the vertical lines/bars in the display and is a pretty well-known way to improve your C64 picture.

Availability: 0 board(s)

c64-lumafix-jr--1.jpg

c64-lumafix-jr--2.jpg

c64-lumafix-jr-vs-std-lumafix.png

c64-lumafix-jr--3.jpg

c64-lumafix-jr--4.jpg

Price: €16 each
International untracked shipping: €3
Payment via PayPal as gift

Thanks for looking!

The boards are also sold elsewhere.

Last edited:
Last boards sold outside Amibay. A new batch will be available in late August. State interest in thread.

I have question, my C64 is connected from the vga port of C64 to the scart of the TV, can I use it to improve the picture of my C64 or I will buy a S-Video cable?

I have question, my C64 is connected from the vga port of C64 to the scart of the TV, can I use it to improve the picture of my C64 or I will buy a S-Video cable?

Hi, I guess you mean A/V-port with VGA port. There are two common picture interference problems:

1) Color bleeding/checkered pattern - too strong chroma signal. Many C64 S-video cables features an inline resistor to dampen the chroma level.

2) Vertical lines/bars - AEC and PHI0 clock signals from the VICII cause these lines.

This version of LumaFix will only fix the second problem with vertical lines. What kind of interference do you have?

- - - Updated - - -

Three boards sold outside Amibay

I could grab one to play around with. Will send PM.

What a great idea! This look like exactly what I need. I'll be in touch (y)

Last edited:
Do you have full dimensions of this device? I feel like the placement of potentiometers is an issue on my 250469 Rev. A board as it might interfere with capacitors C36/C37 - Thanks!

cmRdeKd.png

Last edited:
Do you have full dimensions of this device? I feel like the placement of potentiometers is an issue on my 250469 Rev. A board as it might interfere with capacitors C36/C37 - Thanks!

I have one in my 250469 and it fits just fine. You may need to bend C36 a bit to the right to make it clear. Please see attached image with the LFJR overlayed on your picture:

lumafix-jr-250469.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Interested in one.

PM replied with payment details!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom