What do I need to towerize my a1200

Ok, experimenting with modepro from aminet to fix the sysinfo issue.
Yes I am aware using it with rtg will distort some of the measurements but I like it generally.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Next questions:
Steve, how did you rig the band to stop the pressure on the connector with the blizzard?
I had a quick look and cant really see an obvious way?

Hmm, not sure I think I was just lucky the band I had was a snug fit without applying pressure it was more of a balance to stop it leaning over. Once I got my GREX PCI it was redundant as that was secured to the PCI board and Accelerator by screws.

edit.

I really miss my GREX setup :(

Last edited:
I have a devious plan involving a bit of Lego, but am going to be away for a week or so, thus pausing my amiga adventure..
I have a few bits coming in the post whilst I am away, as I would like a front facing usb port, and also I would like the cf I boot from to be accessible at the front.

I have a devious plan involving a bit of Lego, but am going to be away for a week or so, thus pausing my amiga adventure..
I have a few bits coming in the post whilst I am away, as I would like a front facing usb port, and also I would like the cf I boot from to be accessible at the front.

USB Card reader would be the obvious choice, could try to find one that you could cannibalise the CF slot for a CF-IDE board

Yeah I am looking. I want only a usb socket and a Cf socket. I may have to create my own.

Well, I hope to get back to my project a little this weekend after a frantic return to work after a week away.
Hardware projects are to provide some support to the B1260, and modify a front plate on the tower to house a USB connector and a CF card.

Software wise the next step is Warp3D. I did try to install it quickly before I went away, hoping it would just work ( :D ) from the files I had but it doesn't seem to like it and I cannot run the demo stuff. Any suggestions?

Well, I hope to get back to my project a little this weekend after a frantic return to work after a week away.
Hardware projects are to provide some support to the B1260, and modify a front plate on the tower to house a USB connector and a CF card.

Software wise the next step is Warp3D. I did try to install it quickly before I went away, hoping it would just work ( :D ) from the files I had but it doesn't seem to like it and I cannot run the demo stuff. Any suggestions?

There's little point to Warp3D without PPC as very few things will make use of it, all I can think of off hand is GLQuake (BlitzQuake68k) (runs ok) and QuakeII 68k (which will be too slow anyway)

Decent had a Warp3D 68k Port too

Everything else needs a PPC IIRC

If you want to persevere BlitzQuake68k will be the easiest to get working, you will need to adjust your Mediator Envarc settings now you have installed Warp3D (run the mediator config again) and maybe it will work (or maybe you will break it more)

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Hmmm. Getting quite annoyed with this keyboard adapter as I think I need to reseat it again, which means removing all the cards and mediator. I may get one of those that slots into the keyboard socket rather than over a chip.

Chip over adapters are the devils work. You could use a usb keyboard? Only in workbench mind won't work in native games

Right, I have ordered a pckey1200. In the meantime the keyboard works again although prtscrn doesn't so cant quit dynablaster!

Right, I have ordered a pckey1200. In the meantime the keyboard works again although prtscrn doesn't so cant quit dynablaster!
Note that for the PCkey 1200 to work correctly with a standard Windows keyboard, you'll need to install a custom keymap (at least for non-US keyboard layouts).
For German, I had to install a keymap that is part of, e.g., Boingbag 3+4 for OS3.9.
I don't know if those keymaps are available somewhere else, but I guess so...

For the moment I am using an old pc keyboard but I have an a4000 one that has a couple of on working keys. Fixing that is on my list soon, but cheers for the info!

And its put together and running. Still lots to do though....
3321b4a7eca3bc0521cc00453e9b53d9.jpg

Had to kind of knock up the lower bay to give me a front facing usb and also the cf hard drive rather than the pc one in the multi reader above. Just makes it more accessible while I play with the software.
Also, till I fix my speakers I am using the glowing green pringles speaker for sound. [emoji41]

Last edited:
My repeated inability to install warp3d is really getting me down. If I cant get that sorted then I would be better with a cooler running radeon perhaps.
Also tried to install visual prefs but when I try and run it it just opens the command window and does nothing when I hit execute.

Are you installing warp3d off the mediator CD? That's the one you need IIRC

Should I be using the original cd or the 2.5 update files?
At this point i think i have tried almost every version i have found [emoji24]
I have been googling all over the place for hints and threads on the topic and it seems as if quite a few people just never get it to work.

Should I be using the original cd or the 2.5 update files?
At this point i think i have tried almost every version i have found [emoji24]
I have been googling all over the place for hints and threads on the topic and it seems as if quite a few people just never get it to work.

For Warp3d I'm sure it was the version on the CD that worked and some software didn't like some versions too, was all a bit hit and miss at the end

Warp3d from the mediator cd works fine, that’s the one you want. If you’ve tried installing other versions then make sure you remove all elements of them first before trying again otherwise you’ll run into problems.

Back
Top Bottom