What do I need to towerize my a1200

Ok, I seriously have no idea why my cd drive isnt working.
Anyway I decided to copy the mediator files to my cf card via pc, only to be unable to locate my cf reader.
So... I took the one waiting to be installed in my amiga and used that.
Tried to follow the various guides and get all the way to trying to attach settings in the picasso96mode thing but the the voodoo is not showing up there. I did install the cybervision64/3d monitor thing and rename it and the tooltype to voodoo.
Maybe I try again tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hi Colin
please see my mediator thread i updated with latest drivers, i also pmd you a link to my drop box for all files related to mediators
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?11993-Mediator-Multimedia-CD-2-1/page2

let me know when your ready to go through this install

Right, I have copied the mediator files over to my main CF card - I did do a trial run on a lighter version of CWB I had on another card but cannot seem to see the Voodoo card. So ready to do it. Does the Voodoo need to be in a particular slot?

Put gpu in lowest slot.

Have you installed picasso96

Last edited:
Put gpu in lowest slot.

Have you installed picasso96

Cheers John, I had it in the top slot and was wondering how you fitted the blower under it, and my next step was to move it. :)

I will give it a go when I get home tonight.

I did install picasso 96 on the WB3.1 based CF I tested things out on, tonight I have all the files copied over to my main CWB3.9 based card.
A few quick questions :
Re the MMCD files. Do I only use the latest one or are they progressive and I need to install them all one by one in order? (Which is what I did on my first attempt)
Re Picasso 96 - there are two files - which one do i use or do I need to do both?

Thanks for all the help and advice I am getting from both you and Steve - its really appreciated. I haven't dabbled really with my a1200 in quite a while and seem to have forgotten how I got lots of the stuff to work previously.

Ok, thanks to the guys help and a bit of trial and error, I am using the voodoo3 card and adding screen modes.
I have also fitted the ethernet card and changed the settings in Miami which all works.
Have to return to the real world now but later will try usb and sound card although certainly with the latter I am rather unsure what to do.

Although am getting really annoyed with my inability to get the cd drive to show up.

Don't start with classic workbench, if you read my post linked early on you would know they're not compatible with RTG graphics except the 3.9 and P96 version. The latter needs some tweaks as it's designed for WinUAE. I'll try and get you a zip of an old setup at some point.

Don't start with classic workbench, if you read my post linked early on you would know they're not compatible with RTG graphics except the 3.9 and P96 version. The latter needs some tweaks as it's designed for WinUAE. I'll try and get you a zip of an old setup at some point.

Aah, cheers Steve. my usual setup is cwb 3.9 which should be fine - I only dabbled with an earlier one to see if it would boot and to experiment before installing stuff on my main CF.

Aaarrgggghhhh.

This is what I both love and hate about this hobby.
I had the graphics card sorted, I had sound sorted, and I had at least one usb port working predictably and reliably. But to try and sort my cd issue I had to swap motherboards over. It was definitely a loose pin issue on the motherboard ide port. Guilty pin has now fully detached itself so the board will need to be repaired in september.
Carefully swapped over the boards and put everything back in.
Result was no sound, non working df0, and no keyboard input. On the plus side idefix97 now sees my cd drive! I need to amend the cd0 file to the correct unit to mount it, but wait, my keyboard adapter is t working.
Anyway, sound easily fixed as it seems my very old speakers have died. (They now wont work off my phone either)
Floppy drive fixed as I hadn't swapped the drives along with the motherboard, one of mine must be a modified pc drive and only one motherboard will work it. Drives swapped and all ok.
Fingers crossed the keyboard adapter has just come loose. I need to remove the mediator and all the cards to get to it, and cant face that tonight.
So close.......

Great work, keep it up! This is how it goes sometimes

Oh yeah!
Still got some tweaks to make for both hardware and software, but.....
Keyboard works again
Video works
Sound works
USB works (all ports and the usb card reader)
Network card works
CD drive works and shows up.

Before I can close up the case and focus on software, I need to
-find a way of providing support to my blizzard 1260
-find a way of adding some cooling for the blizzard 1260
-sort the connection to the case leds
-Run cd audio to the sb128
-tidy up where my scsi bridge and linked cf reader is going
-see if I can fix my old speakers

But today we have progress!

Awesome, sounds like it's coming along great. I have a few of those old CD Rom audio cables kicking around if you need one?

I used an elastic band to support my blizzard, simple but effective.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, case LEDs should be a little jumper cable, did that not come with your case?

Great stuff Colin glad you are all working, with help with steve and i :)

- - - Updated - - -

What res you running i had 1280x1024 32bit colour looked nice

I used to run 1280x720 16bit was perfect for my 19in TV

Cheers steve, I was about to order a cdda cable from amigakit, but this time at least let me send you something!

Re the leds there wasn't anything with the case so i got a little thing from amigakit that should do the trick but the jumper keeps falling off and I have only got the power light to work so far for some reason. But it's not been a priority.

Regarding resolutions, although I did set up a higher res mode I have dropped back to the initial 640 one because of how I have things laid out whilst I work on it. Once I close up the case and put it nearer the tv so I can sit closer then I will move up again, but currently I am sitting on the floor probably two metres from the screen and everything was too small when i upped the resolution [emoji23]
(Maybe my eyesight doesn't help)

Yes cheers to both of you for all the help - I am sure I am not done asking for advice yet by some margin though!

Next questions:
Steve, how did you rig the band to stop the pressure on the connector with the blizzard?
I had a quick look and cant really see an obvious way?

Sysinfo still trips some kind of crash or black screen and I am sure it is due to the screen mode and possibly the now redundant indivision set up.
When I used an older 3.1 based Cf with no indy setup it works ok. It used to work ok on this card when I used the indy but I do remember the resolution change when it ran.
Redownloaded it from aminet but same reaction.
Hmmm, any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom