Finger lickin' good
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Australia
Region
Western Australia
Hello,

I am looking into the Matzes RTG video card for my A2000. The minimum specs ask for 020 with 4mb FAST mem. I have a TF534 which has 030 and 4mb of fast mem. I would like to know if my 4mb fast mem on the TF534 will be eaten up entirely by the RTG card, or if I will have some memory left over.

I am trying to work out if it is silly to purchase this RTG card with the amount of fast mem I have, considering the minimum requirements. I am looking for someone who uses this card who can tell me exactly how much fast mem it uses.

Thank you!
Matt.

RTG card details here:

https://webstore.kryoflux.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=56

From what I've gathered, TF534 maps its 4 MB in ZIII space and matze's RTG maps its 2 MB in ZII space so there's no conflict/address space overlapping that would result in 'eaten up' RAM.

A Zorro II RTG card typically goes into the 8MB Space from $00200000-009FFFFF. If it's 2MB sized, that leaves 6MB of space for other Zorro II big-space card options.

Accelerator boards that use software to map their memory located at $01000000 (16MB) or higher present no conflicts. The memory requirement specified is generally so that the RTG screens have a corresponding FastRAM area to transfer display data to/from when not all can reside on the display memory, plus room for programs and other activities. If it's as BLTCON0 notes, it should be okay.

Last edited:
It depends on Your setup and programmes /utilities you gonna use. Matzes RTG occupies 2MB of Fastram for its needs, so on standard WB setup You will have about 2MB left. Without wallpaper.

Perfect! This is the information I was looking for. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom