Not open for further replies.

bjt

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
A fully working, TL/2 system with the matching Tandy Enhanced Keyboard. Expanded to 784kB with a full 640kB available in DOS.
This is an original UK 240V model.

This is not your ordinary used Tandy 1000 - this system is fitted with an XT-IDE and compact flash hard drive which is completely silent and provides ample space.
In addition to the standard 720k floppy drive (which works) there is a Gotek floppy drive emulator as drive B which can be used to load software from USB.
The power supply fan has been replaced with a near-silent Noctua unit so this system is very quiet indeed.
The coin cell battery has also been replaced and the system cleaned inside and out.
An Intel 80287XL math coprocessor is also fitted.

£299 including UK postage. Other destinations on request. Payment via Paypal friends & family/fees added. For sale elsewhere.

Please tell me more on how you got the XTIDE to work!!

Please tell me more on how you got the XTIDE to work!!

A fully working, TL/2 system with the matching Tandy Enhanced Keyboard. Expanded to 784kB with a full 640kB available in DOS.
This is an original UK 240V model.

This is not your ordinary used Tandy 1000 - this system is fitted with an XT-IDE and compact flash hard drive which is completely silent and provides ample space.

:eek:PRAY TELL: how did you get the XTIDE w/CF to work? my TL2 won't recognize it- and the LoTech guys told me to flash the BIOS with a "merged" bios from the board- which is a bit beyond my ability. Is this what you did?

In addition to the standard 720k floppy drive (which works) there is a Gotek floppy drive emulator as drive B which can be used to load software from USB.

:huh:Can you post a link to this gotek model- there are SO many online, i wouldn't know which worked w/the TL2 proprietary floppy.

(thanks! yes, it would be easier to just buy yours- but I already bought mine!)

My memory is a bit fuzzy but I think I had to pad the XTIDE bios out a bit to get it into the correct address range. There is a thread on Vogons.org with the details.

It's a standard Gotek flashed with the HxC firmware. Some modifications are needed to the floppy drive cable to make it work with the TL/2. Details on that vogons thread I think.

Last edited:
I've recently also started my journey with the Tandy 1000 series.

For floppy, I had to modify the ribbon cable. Certain Tandy 1000 systems run power over the "data" ribbon cable. I had to use a sharp knife to cut some of the wires in the ribbon cable. I'm sure Gotek will work just fine. I've been using an HxC2001 for floppy emulation. Been working just fine for me. I think the key thing for you will be the ribbon cable modification.

As for storage, I went the SCSI route. There are countless SCSI controllers. Make sure you go with 8-bit XT. But be careful... the Tandy 1000 is not fully XT-compatible and some SCSI controllers will not work. I used a SCSI2SD HDD emulator.

I don't want to hijack this thread. So, feel free to PM me for information on SCSI controllers that worked in my Tandy 1000's... Or, if you need any firmware dumps...

-Brian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom