Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are they on holiday ?

Country
    Edmonds Washington USA
    Feedback
    8 (100%)

I ordered an "In Stock" Gotek drive on Jan 18th and haven't heard a word yet. The order still says "Pending". Pending what? I am trying to support them but I should have placed the order somewhere else.
    Last edited by Magic; 22nd February 2020 at 04:29.

Country
    Estonia
    Region:
    Värska
    Feedback
    4 (100%)

That's "normal" waiting time. It took 3 weeks for In Stock items to be shipped. And they didn't care to reply any inquiries.

I order my stuff from Amigastore.eu now. Same or next working day shipping so far. And they replied to my email!

Country
    England
    Region:
    South Shields
    Feedback
    219 (100%)

I only order stuff from AK if I can't get it elsewhere and never make a big order for lots of items at once as they will hold your entire order if one thing is not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Milesunder View Post
    Hi, I met Chris and Matthew from AmigaKit at SWAG on Saturday. Really nice guys and really supportive of the Amiga community.
    At the moment the guys are really swamped with orders, repairs and new developments. Whilst none of these are excuses, they are a small business trying to balance staff vs cash flow vs etc etc.
    Sorry but that is exactly what they are, excuses.

They are a business charging people money for a service.... if they can't keep up then hire staff or stop taking orders. They are not doing us all a favour for free in their spare time. Would you put up with this level of service at a small garage if your car was broke or would you go elsewhere?
    Last edited by -Acid-; 22nd February 2020 at 11:42.

Country
    Netherlands
    Region:
    Nijmegen
    Feedback
    5 (100%)

It's a shame really because they used to be quite good. But that was ten years back, when the market was a lot smaller, and nowadays they're making stuff as well as flogging what others have made. So they've overextended themselves.

You'd think the'd hire someone for chucking stuff in boxes and making leads up but apparently not.

Country
    Estonia
    Region:
    Värska
    Feedback
    4 (100%)

These “supportive of the Amiga community” guys have registered bunch of “mistyped” Amiga related domain names to redirect to their store.

Read about Amigapassion redirect from John "Chucky" Hertell’s blog. Redirect is now removed.

Watched “10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast” EP56 and it was emphasized to go to Amigastore.eu, not Amigastore.com

Just typed in amiga-shop.com instead of amiga-shop.net and sure enough - this one redirects as well.

There’s probably more.

Pathetic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12