Country
    UK
    Region:
    Kent
    Feedback
    33 (100%)
    Blog Entries

Default Are they on holiday ?

Just checking - I had an order delivered very quickly two weeks ago but the stuff from last week is still pending, they aren't replying to emails about a different potential purchase, and I have tried phoning numerous times over the last couple of days with no response.

I know sometimes it can be a bit hit and miss with speed of processing and delivery, but I was considering spending several hundred pounds and wanted to check they had it in stock as the answer varies on the website.

Anyone know anything? I would rather stick with them than order elsewhere.
    A1200 (1D4) (Recapped by Bad_Ad84 in Nov 2012) -3.1 Roms,CWB 3.9, Blizzard 1260 (60mhz - Rev6 Latest Mask),SCSI Kit (SCSI-IDE Bridge + 8Gb CF), 256mb, Mediator + soundcard, USB, NIC, Voodoo 3. A1200 (1A) 3.0 Roms (recapped and modded by TheCorfiot in December 2015) Indy Mk 2, ACA1221 (Round the World), Best WB 1.3 8Gb CF. My Amibay Blog is here.

Country
    UK
    Region:
    Kent
    Feedback
    17 (95%)

They are active on Facebook and put a thread up about new amiga covers yesterday, but I have not had a reply to a question I had about it so may have been a scheduled post...
    Last edited by Retroheaven87; 31st July 2019 at 15:13.
    Offering Commodore Amiga Recapping and minor repairs to the entire Commodore Amiga range including CD32 Laser Replacement service. - Check out my work on Facebook, Instagram and my website - www.amigapassion.co.uk

Damn these amiga bills keep adding up Amibayer! CrazyC's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Kent
    Feedback
    33 (100%)
    Blog Entries

OK - cheers.
    I see you are in Kent as well, whereabouts? (I am Gravesend)
    A1200 (1D4) (Recapped by Bad_Ad84 in Nov 2012) -3.1 Roms,CWB 3.9, Blizzard 1260 (60mhz - Rev6 Latest Mask),SCSI Kit (SCSI-IDE Bridge + 8Gb CF), 256mb, Mediator + soundcard, USB, NIC, Voodoo 3. A1200 (1A) 3.0 Roms (recapped and modded by TheCorfiot in December 2015) Indy Mk 2, ACA1221 (Round the World), Best WB 1.3 8Gb CF. My Amibay Blog is here.

Country
    UK
    Region:
    Kent
    Feedback
    17 (95%)

Im in Birchington so just around the coast lol
    Offering Commodore Amiga Recapping and minor repairs to the entire Commodore Amiga range including CD32 Laser Replacement service. - Check out my work on Facebook, Instagram and my website - www.amigapassion.co.uk

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    Oslo
    Region:
    Oslo
    Feedback
    30 (100%)

Do anyone know if they're away atm? I placed an order the 14 th of January for stocked items, but my order is still pending.
    Been away for a long time, time for comeback?

Online Gangster Amibayer! fitzsteve's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Sevenoaks, Kent
    Feedback
    1019 (100%)
    Blog Entries

They're probably overwhelmed with the A1222 AAA orders, give em a quick call on the phone.
    My YouTube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/fitzsteve

CD32 + TF330, A500+ Vampire V2, A1200T Black Box + Mediator B1260 + Killer K1 PPC

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    Bristol
    Feedback
    6 (100%)

Hi, I met Chris and Matthew from AmigaKit at SWAG on Saturday. Really nice guys and really supportive of the Amiga community.

At the moment the guys are really swamped with orders, repairs and new developments. Whilst none of these are excuses, they are a small business trying to balance staff vs cash flow vs etc etc.

I am sure they will respond and ship out your order soon. Sometimes they have to order stock in, for example the SCSI2SD drives and that can lead to a delay.

Hang in there I am sure you won’t be disappointed

Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

I had a floppy drive on order and hadn't received an update in over a week. Website contact form went unanswered but received a response on Facebook saying that the technician was on a week's leave. Thing is, I'm fine with this... they are a small business and people need to take a break. I did provide the feedback that a simple message on the website or contact page to this effect (ie. "We apologise but some orders may be delayed while our technician is on leave, we expect normal operation to resume within the week") would have saved me some aggravation, and their customer support team time and effort.

If they are swamped (and that's a good problem to have - orders are coming in), a little bit of pro-activity will go a long way. There's no such thing as too much communication in the world of customer service.

Country
    United Kingdom, England
    Region:
    Hampshire
    Feedback
    150 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PsOmA View Post
    There's no such thing as too much communication in the world of customer service.
    You should try Elbox, unless you show interest in buying something they never reply.

I sent about 5 messages to them for equipment support and the only reply I ever have had was when I asked if they had an item in stock
    Last edited by timtheloon; 11th February 2020 at 20:17.
    Got too many Amigas, Think I gotta problem

Country
    Exeter, Devon, UK
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

I've been having problems as well. I have been waiting 2+ months for an A1200 IDE header repair job (paid for their advertised service on their website), i got told they would update me last weekend but heard nothing back and not responding to my messages on facebook. I am a bit worried as they initially said they would be able to have a look at it at the end of January, and here we are in mid February. Was going to ring them up either during the weekend, or first thing next week. Is this a normal waiting time for this company? I thought a month or so would have been more reasonable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast