Thread: Wanted to order these blank boards

Country
    usa
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    45 (100%)

Default Wanted to order these blank boards

Well guys this was a bust,. You see I ordered some of these blank 500+ boards. But got a email from PCBWay "There is no board outline inside, can you please kindly add it and re-upload file for checking", so I'm unable to to get these board. The guy who uploaded the Gerber files didn't add a board outline inside (Nathan Rochester from Australia)..

I have some dead boards here (corroded), and I would have used some of the parts to build these boards.. Oh well, as it would have been nice to have new 500+ (completed) boards..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 500+ board.jpg  
    Last edited by britlord; 1st August 2019 at 22:22.

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Nordrhein Westfalen
    Feedback
    79 (100%)

Why don't you just import the Gerber into Eagle or whatever and add it yourself?

Bryce.

Country
    usa
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    45 (100%)

Hi. I don't have the Gerber files, You see it was the engineer (Nathan Rochester) who uploaded them to PCBWay, and to order the boards you just click on it, anyway.. If I did have the files.. I don't have no how to do that..

I'm not a engineer.. Just a solderer... What a shame eh??? Oh, I've never used Eagle.. Though I do have it

EDIT: I was able to get them from PCBWay. Does anyone want to do it for me Please.. You'll get a free blank board. Free ship too.. You see all the parts are through-hole, so it ain't that hard to build (Not like SMD). You just need a none working board for some of the hard to find parts like all the rear connectors... The rest of the components are still available... Oh, and a good set of Amiga (working) custom chips..

Oh, The files have a extension .gbr .. Eagle can't open them, and I now know what the rep means. There's no board outline on the board (the edges that are not needed), or the screw holes too..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by britlord; 1st August 2019 at 23:21.

Country
    usa
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    45 (100%)

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to add the boards outline. However when I save it and load the it back in the outline is gone GRRR, so I saved it as a pdf format..... Need help please.. The program I'm using is Gerbview, and PCBWay keeps emailing me "have I done it yet"

I ain't no bloody engineer.. Just a slave boy..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by britlord; 2nd August 2019 at 20:28.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    Oxfordshire
    Feedback
    72 (100%)

Ping John Hertell (Chucky) a message - he's some experience with these things and may help. Possibly Hese might help too. I know how to add an outline, but can't guarantee that it would be correct as I've no A500's to check here
    AMIGA A1200, Kickstart 3.1.4, FZ-357A HD floppy and HxC Rev C (with DF0:/DF1: switch), Internal IDE DVD-RW, CDTV key caps, Blizzard PPC FS Rev 6 68060 @ 50MHz and 603e @ 240MHz with SCSI, 256MB RAM and 16GB SCSI2SD, Indy MK2cr and Blizzard Vision through a Ratte switch, Clockport Expander II and RapidRoad USB

Country
    usa
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer79 View Post
    Ping John Hertell (Chucky) a message - he's some experience with these things and may help. Possibly Hese might help too. I know how to add an outline, but can't guarantee that it would be correct as I've no A500's to check here
    OK thanks..

Country
    usa
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    45 (100%)

Guys I figured is out.. However the designer of the 500+ board has got the boards length wrong.. He has it at 108mm x 149.9mm(4.28 x 5.90 inches)... That's a 500+ mini board LOL and the correct length is 365mm x 253mm (as close as I can to measure it), so the price of the board goes up a lot higher (Darn I really wanted a blank board).. You see too many corroded boards (DEAD as a dodo).. But plenty of used parts (Not hard to get them out with my good old solder pot) and what designer is he.. No board outline. No screw holes..
    Last edited by britlord; 3rd August 2019 at 17:22.

Country
    usa
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    45 (100%)

Guys I was wondering.. Does anyone have the Gerber's for this board, or who can I get in touch with to get them...

Thanks..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails board picture.jpg  
    Last edited by britlord; 3rd August 2019 at 17:46.

Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Maitland, NSW
    Feedback
    124 (100%)

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry I cant add any assistance with your request - like you I'm just a solderer, but I will be following your progress with interest.
    I have 2 damaged boards Id love to replace. If you find success, Id be happy to contribute financially to any order you do
    Ash

A1200 ACA1221, A600 ACA620/Vampire II Black, A500 ACA500+ and Vampire, C64 Reloaded - some always work in progress, i.e. not in their casing!

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Nordrhein Westfalen
    Feedback
    79 (100%)

Hi britlord,
    I'm back from holidays and took a look at the Gerbers last night. The good news is (as I suspected), the board has the correct dimensions, it's not a mini-A500. The Gerbers don't include information about the units used, so you needed to set these up yourself manually, which I wouldn't have expected you to know. The bad news is that whoever created the Gerbers chose to use Excellon format for the hole drills. Eagle doesn't handle Excellon very well (not at all in fact), so although I was able to get all the layers correctly imported, the board has no holes in it at the moment. I will try to import the excellon data with some other tools this week and try to get some working files for you. Worst case, I'll write a script to covert the XLN file myself.

Bryce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast