Not open for further replies.

mothergoose729

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
USA
Region
California
I am looking for a PCX1 or PCX2 capable PCI card for powerVR. DOS/PC compatible.

Matrox M3D
Apacolypse 3D
Compaq "midas 3D"

Products from the NEC1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PowerVR_products

Honestly, I don't know how valuable these products are. From what I understand they are pretty rare but not particularly sought after.

I am based on the US, and I don't mind paying a bit extra to cover international shipping.

I had one at release and it was well.......... Crap..

paired with an S3 virge I had no increase in frame rates (yup no faster than software or my Virge which supported bilinear and the PowerVR did NOT)

so I paid for an ET4000 PCI and upgraded to 4mb.

no better..

the game provided Ultimate race pro was superb and was butter smooth but nothing else worked.

every DirectX game was shockingly bad and a lot was corrupted or just plain SLOW,,, a month or so later I got a voodoo 1 and it was like night and day.

not sought after because they where no good. well my Apacolypse 3D 1st version

Last edited:
I never owned one myself, but from watching youtube it does a pretty good job with Tomb Raider and I guess it is actually better than the voodoo for Mech Warrior 2. There are also a couple of exclusive titles.

I am building a PC around early DOS 3D APIs. What is great about this card is that it doesn't have its own display output, so it will play nice with my main video card and my voodoo 1.

Last edited:
maybe you was watching pcx2 not the 1st version that was utter crap for me

I have a new sealed boxed Matrox m3D, that will cost $200. I also have a bare card (same m3D), that will cost $100. Both are stored in Russia, so add $10 for shipping of the bare one and $20 for the boxed one. PayPal as a gift.

I have a Apocalypse 3d/3dx stored somewhere, I will confirm later.

Confirmed, I have One, rev1234. 70€ plus shipping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom